The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (Justhorsenround, cameo1956, 55 SHAKER, EdPruss, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 190 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics121,789
Posts981,822
Members44,309
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1947 3800 panel headlight adjustment springs
#1116290 Wed Jul 29 2015 07:19 PM
L
Les_S Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Hi all,
I'm starting to see if I can get my lights going again. I pulled the headlights and the inner buckets connect to the two adjustment screws like the should but I found one funky shaped spring in each bucket which I'm sure is the adjustment spring but I have no idea how it connects. Each has a hook on one end and appears to be bent in a circle on the other end like a screw is supposed to go in there. Also, I looked at the online manual and if I'm understanding it correctly there should be 4 such springs for each inner bucket.
Any explanation or pictures would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Les

Re: 1947 3800 panel headlight adjustment springs
Les_S #1116377 Thu Jul 30 2015 03:01 AM
Boltergeist
Les, your one ton may be different and its an earlier year. My 52 panel has only one of those springs. The end with the "round eye" is used to pop rivet the sprint to the bucket and the "hook" end attaches to the headlight retaining ring. This is from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

..oh, can't remember where but I was able to buy new springs to replace the ones on mine were rusted and broken.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]
1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]
1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: 1947 3800 panel headlight adjustment springs
Les_S #1116455 Thu Jul 30 2015 04:16 PM
L
Les_S Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Achipmunk,you are right on the money! I dug a little deeper and found that the heads broke off of the original brass rivets. I didn't see that earlier because they broke off flush with the can. I also misread the online manual. The 4 springs they were talking about are the springs that hold the gasket in the headlamp door.
Thanks again!
Les

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop