The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (klhansen, AlpineBolt), 217 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,033
Posts961,340
Members43,542
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vintage Air or Hot Rod Air for evaporator
#10726 Wed May 05 2004 07:59 AM
K
Shop Shark
I'm looking for an Air conditioning evaporator only (as I have compressor/condenser/etc). I'm trying to decide between the Hot Rod Air (www.hotrodair.com) or Vintage Air's Gen2 compact (same as in their kit for 47-53 trucks).

The Vintage Air uses electric servo motors for opening/closing doors, the hot rod air uses regular vacuum and has a lifetime warranty on the unit. Although V.A. says they haven't had any problems w/ the servos...but they have a 1 yr. warranty I think.

Everything else is comparable I think (blower, core efficiency...) Anyone have any experience with both? Is one quieter/cooler?

'53 Chevy truck 1/2 ton
Re: Vintage Air or Hot Rod Air for evaporator
#10727 Wed May 05 2004 01:57 PM
R
rat Offline
I'm not sure about those I have the Old Air system in my truck. The air cond. system work good but am still having a little trouble keeping the engine cool stopping in traffic when the temps are above 105 degrees.

'52 Chevy 5 window, it ran when I parked it
'53 Chevy 5 window, running the streets with me.
'55 Massey-Ferguson, tearing up the dirt
'89 Harley FXSTS, suicide clutch
'92 Harley FLSTC, equal time with the '89
Re: Vintage Air or Hot Rod Air for evaporator
#10729 Wed May 05 2004 02:29 PM
Y
Shop Shark
Just my two cents on the "quality" issue with vintage air. About two months ago I ordered their compressor/alternator bracket kit for the 235. Was told it was in stock and would be here within the week. Four weeks later it finally arrived, without any instructions or pictures for installation, and looking like something that a high school metal shop student turned out as their first project. Crude cut, jagged edges, and was shoved into the box while the paint was still wet. As I'm not trying to build a "show" truck they will be useable AFTER I clean them up a bit. I just expected something a little nicer for the $165.00 with shipping.

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop