The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (festerhairball, jrs48pu, ASU), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics126,066
Posts1,018,874
Members45,419
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trev
#1033016 Tue Jun 03 2014 12:54 AM
S
'Bolter
Anybody hear from him? Have not seen his posts in a while.

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Re: Trev
Sedgewick #1033091 Tue Jun 03 2014 06:20 AM
B
Shop Shark
i believe he's revisited his singing/musical career.

1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd
1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
1990 c2500 4x4 long box ext cab
Sedgewick #1033104 Tue Jun 03 2014 08:49 AM
T
Shop Shark
Yes he is burgundybolt... Thanks to Boyd who messaged me on Facebook I heard someone was looking for me over here and decided to pop in...

I hope everyone is doing fine... as Mikey says I have returned to my music stuff and have been back in the studio again after 25 or so years away from it and returning was like I had never been gone... it's nice to be making music again!

In addition I have gotten into dog rescue a lot and am really enjoying saving the lives of dogs who would not be here today if not for what we do... one of my guys Riley was an 11th hour rescue who just about didn't make it out of the shelter so it really hits home!

Anyway, just staying busy, doing the music and dog rescue, am single again after 9 years, but Celine (my ex gf and I) are still good friends and spend lots of time together, I've been doing some renovations on "Club Trev" (just installed 700 square feet of laminate last week etc), still have my '55 Bel Air, but haven't even driven it this season... I am selling it and hoping to pick up a mildly rodded '68 Camaro SS with the hidden headlight package but we'll see how it goes...

That's about it... I hope y'all are still enjoying your trucks and will have to have a look around to see what new toys everyone has... take care and thanks for thinking of me! smile

~Trev

Sedgewick #1033153 Tue Jun 03 2014 04:37 PM
S
'Bolter
Glad you are still at it. Anybody who is involved with animal rescue is high in my book. My favourite breed of any animal is 'rescue'.
Bill

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Sedgewick #1033200 Tue Jun 03 2014 08:15 PM
J
Shop Shark
Good to see you're still in the land of the living Trev,sounds like you've got your hands full!

Strangely I was just wondering about a few folks here who I hadn't heard of for a while and your name came to mind....cue Twighlight Zone music...

We just took in a rescue ourselves (or rather he adopted us) but he's of the feline variety!
Keep up the good work.

I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings

"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Sedgewick #1033212 Tue Jun 03 2014 09:49 PM
T
Shop Shark
Thanks Bill and John...

Yes rescue can be an amazing thing to do and can be so emotionally rewarding but at the time so frustrating when you see an endless stream of dogs ending up in shelters that should have never been there to start with...

Then you have to deal with the fact that there are SO many high kill shelters in the USA and that 10,000 dogs a DAY die in these shelters and it really messes with you knowing you can't save them all... but you do your best, network dogs like crazy (thank God for Facebook and other social media sites... because of them we are able to network dogs as we do), create awareness, get the dogs seen, find foster or adopted homes or find a rescue that can take them and get them out before their time is up...

When you do save a dog it is the best feeling in the world and you have to really hold onto those moments so you can get out of bed the next day and try to do it all again... while it is never easy, just being able to meet a dog at the airport that you know will now be going to a great forever home and giving it a chance it would have never had is the best and I love what I do...

Rescue IS a great breed and I never get tired of them! Good job being adopted by your rescue kitty, John! smile

~Trev

Sedgewick #1033214 Tue Jun 03 2014 10:01 PM
S
'Bolter
Trev do you belong to Best Friends in Utah? They have instituted a bunch of 'No kill' cities in the USA.
I know the feeling about not being able to rescue them all. Been there and done it and still feel guilty. You may recall we took over 850 rabbits off the University of Victoria campus when they decided they were going to kill them. Sadly all abandoned animals like those are considered wildlife in BC and to take them you must have a permit.

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Sedgewick #1033701 Thu Jun 05 2014 07:52 PM
T
Shop Shark
Nope my connections are primarily California and Vegas... the problem is pervasive across the entire USA but I learned pretty quick that you can't be everywhere and you have to focus on what you CAN do so those are the worst hit areas we deal with...

Sedgewick #1036889 Sat Jun 21 2014 02:27 AM
'Bolter
Trev, good to see your doing the dog thing. My daughter, Susan, did the foster care for many years. Luckily she had a fenced in two acre place for them to roam. She treated them so good. She ended up with 5 black labs that she couldn't part with!!
We're proud of you.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]

1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.websearch.com/share/...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Sedgewick #1037008 Sat Jun 21 2014 08:50 PM
S
'Bolter
That is the problem with rescues and fostering. You fall in love with them all. how many rabbits do I have???

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  1958GMCnut 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop