The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Tech Tip Highlight

Get your truck ready for winter
This old Tech Tip stands the test of time

Check for details

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (tomctomc, Jimmie D, Matttttttttttttt, Joe W, Jay Zed), 427 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics113,228
Posts891,729
Members41,283
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1025733
Fri May 02 2014 04:13 PM
Fri May 02 2014 04:13 PM
Peggy M  Offline
Worker Bee
Stovebolt Headquarters
Just wanted to add in here to be sure this thread doesn't get cut off when we do the Spoon de-greasing.

We certainly missed Ned at Homecoming. Hope to talk to him soon.

Peg

Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1026013
Sun May 04 2014 01:29 AM
Sun May 04 2014 01:29 AM
L
Lovett  Offline
Riding in the Passing Lane
Brainstormia
Please keep the thread open. Hope Ned is fairing well.

davey

1967 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup
In the Stovebolt Gallery

+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+

I'm not sure if I was ever as good as I thought I was, but I know I'm not as good as I used to be.

I've forgotten more than I ever knew. Okay, where did I put it?

A man can never have enough tools

davey
Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1028157
Mon May 12 2014 06:20 PM
Mon May 12 2014 06:20 PM
Peggy M  Offline
Worker Bee
Stovebolt Headquarters
I left a message on his voice mail the other day. I will keep trying.

Peg

Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1029086
Fri May 16 2014 05:20 PM
Fri May 16 2014 05:20 PM
Peggy M  Offline
Worker Bee
Stovebolt Headquarters
Just to let you all know I just got a call from The Ned. He sounded real good on the phone. He's involved in a study with University of Maryland hospital in a drug test to help with leukemia. He said when he started this thread, he was feeling really bad. This drug they are testing, although the results are uncertain, whatever they are doing to help him feel better ... THAT part is working.

He also related a story that is so Ned. He had taken The Golden Phantom to some property that was being cleared, a good bit muddy ... and got the truck all dirty. I mean seriously muddy. One fellow needed to pull him out of the mud but he didn't want to bring his newer 4x4 down the road. But that didn't stop Ned. He said you wouldn't have recognized the truck.

I told him he needed some pictures of all that. I think we would have been able to hear Alvin scream from all the way down there in South Carolina! grin

He had hoped to come to Homecoming but the doctors wouldn't turn him loose. I told him I kept watching the road ... it would not have surprised me for him to just show up!

He doesn't have access to a computer while he's at the hospital; and his computer at home bailed on him. Once he gets out, I'm sure he'll find a way to get back in to talk to everyone. In the meantime, he wanted to thank everyone for their kind remarks and well-wishes.

Ned had been doing the Tech Tips for a good while, and before we got off the phone, he had to give me a few pointers! (Getting them done is a good pointer!)

Will report more as we hear more.

Peg

Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1029189
Sat May 17 2014 02:04 AM
Sat May 17 2014 02:04 AM
L
Lovett  Offline
Brainstormia
Thanks Peg. I hope his new therapy works out.

davey

In the Stovebolt Gallery

I'm not sure if I was ever as good as I thought I was, but I know I'm not as good as I used to be.

davey
Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1029628
Mon May 19 2014 03:01 AM
Mon May 19 2014 03:01 AM
T
The Ned  Offline OP
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Pasadena, Maryland
Thanks Peg... I've managed to convince doctors to free me, for at least a few days, depending on how things go. The stay in the hospital was like an amalgamation of a clockwork orange, ground hog day and a half dozen of other weird movies. I honestly began to doubt my own sanity, but thank God I've made it home.

Regarding "also related a story that is so Ned" ... No I didn't get the Golden Phantom stuck, but my Dodge did manage to fall into bottomless pit which required a skid loader to free it and get it onto my property where it will finish it's life as a useful tool on my mountain land. I had taken the Phantom along as a place to stay and as transportation home. Locals had seen me cruising the hills and couldn't believe that such an old truck was reported in the area. The roads were exceptionally muddy with ruts so deep that I was fortunate not to get stuck. Anyway the locals had reported seeing me in the area, which they were certain had been a mistake. So to confirm or deny the sightings a group of loggers set out to find me. Rather than risk loosing the logging crews new 4x4, they piled in the skid loader and came looking. It was fortunate for me, because when they found me I was desperately trying to rescue my dodge 4x4. I'm certain it would of cost me hundreds of dollars to hire someone to do it, but they easily accomplished the task with the loader. I don't know much about logging equipment but this was a huge articulated tractor with a large blade and floatation tires that must of stood 5 ft tall and easily pushed the dodge onto my property, while refusing to take monies from me. They were shocked to find there really was a 63 yr old phantom there as well. The Golden Phantom had handled the exceptionally muddy and rutted road without a hint of trouble. By the time I was loaded up and on my home, the truck was so muddied that you couldn't tell what color it was. I wished I had a camera.

I resume my chemo this week and pray to avoid anymore hospital stays. The clinical trial doesn't offer a cure, but if successful, may extend the misery a few months.

One more time, thanks to all of my bolter friends. Especially Peg who is the life blood of the bolt.

Last edited by The Ned; Wed May 21 2014 12:12 PM. Reason: Typos
Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1029630
Mon May 19 2014 03:07 AM
Mon May 19 2014 03:07 AM
Achipmunk  Offline
Extreme Gabster
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
Ned, so glad to hear from you. Glad you and the Phantom got back to "high ground" safe and sound. Man, if I'd known where you were I'd have returned the visit when I came up for the homecoming. Faith can move mountains Ned. We're in your corner.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1029942
Tue May 20 2014 08:56 AM
Tue May 20 2014 08:56 AM
joker  Offline
Moderator, Passing Lane
lost tx
nice to hear from you, wishing you the best my friend,

Fred

Redryder

My Hotrod

I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1030173
Wed May 21 2014 12:03 PM
Wed May 21 2014 12:03 PM
Peggy M  Offline
Worker Bee
Stovebolt Headquarters
Oh sorry about goofing up the story. BUT ... you did a far better job of telling the truth anyway! wink

Glad to see your fingers are still doing the talking. Drop in as you can and tell us more of your mountainman adventures.

Peg

Re: What to say [Re: The Ned] #1030516
Fri May 23 2014 12:42 AM
Fri May 23 2014 12:42 AM
L
Lovett  Offline
Brainstormia
I hope your treatments work and keep you out of the hospital.

davey

In the Stovebolt Gallery

davey
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop