The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Celebrations!!!

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY

C A N A D A

July 1

Over 2022 Bolters live "up over" ... a cool addition to the flavor of
The Stovebolt Page.

Birthday salutes here!

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (artinva, coilover, 67superc, Hanks custodian, J Lucas, 1 invisible), 110 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,030
Posts1,036,659
Members45,917
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#1398303 Sun Feb 21 2021 10:20 PM
2 Images
'Bolter
1974 Chevrolet K-20 Pickup

This is my 1974 Chevy K-20 pickup. It was originally a 350/SM465/NP203 drivetrain and I later on swapped out the NP203 for a NP205 for better drivability. I got this truck back in 2000 from the original owner. It was originally a Custom trim level and had been ordered with all the heavy duty options and an AM radio and was well used as just a farm truck. It did not run when we bought it and needed a lot of work. Everything was rusted out, had a wood flat bed on it too. We got it running and put a snow plow on it and used it for a couple winters before we couldn't keep replacing the spark plugs anymore to keep it running on at least 7 of 8 cylinders. I swapped in another 350 and started to restore it while driving it to high school. I had rebuilt the brakes, lifted suspension, cab, front clip and was going to put a rust free box on it but before I could I rolled it down an embankment after sliding off an icy road on my way to school. Then I had to start all over again with all new sheetmetal and decided to go all in with as many factory options as I could, two-tone paint and trim. I rebuilt it as a Cheyenne Super trim level and included a factory tach, A/C, dual gas tanks, woodgrain interior trim, am/fm, etc. Its got a 6-inch suspension lift, 37x12.50x16.5 tires on factory 8.25x16.5 rims with factory hubcaps.
I rebuilt the original 350 a few years back too and now its a warm weather cruiser that I still take to Lowe's/Menards for lumber and use as a pickup. My son loves to ride in it too.

1952 Dodge M-37
1956 Chevy 3600 Napco
1974 Chevy K20
2 Comments
'Bolter
Beautiful truck! A great story too. The trucks that have real meaning come with the best stories.

Steve

H
'Bolter
That's a great looking truck ! I restored a low mileage 75 3/4 ton 4x4 stepside. I sold it and used the money to build my house! I miss that tough old truck.

Jim

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h397/justjayne21/

50 Chevy 3100
77 International Scout ll

Moderated by  hardshell, J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop