The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (Harold46, Forty9, 1942-G506, JiMerit Boltr#43, 32vsnake, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics126,045
Posts1,018,678
Members45,412
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
'60-'66 Trucks Jump to new posts
Re: Cab Corner Hole Lugnutz Thu Jan 20 2022 04:16 PM
I’ll contribute something although it’s worthless info. I think these trucks were built with A. I. (artificial intelligence). If the drain holes get plugged, the computer brain turns on the “drain hole mode” and the floor and rockers will make another functional drain hole. I just can’t find that darn computer.
I have drain holes along the PS rocker and another at the driver toe board. I hit a puddle once and my foot got wet.
5 42 Read More
Truck Parts Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: 1959 3100 Need Throttle/Choke Bracket rfs56trk Thu Jan 20 2022 04:15 PM
I have that bracket.
$30 includes shipping
Fred
562-225-5869
1 20 Read More
Project Journals Jump to new posts
Re: 1948 Thriftmaster 3/4 ton - Poncho engine swap Goach2 Thu Jan 20 2022 03:16 PM
Spun the oil pump until it seeped out the rockers. Last one took a bit before it dribbled out. Didn't have the filter canister tightened down so a nice oil mess.

I have the flywheel on the ball-bearing with Poston at the top, but how do you tell if the valves are closed? They all look the same to me...
[img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...umber/38887/filename/20220120_100722.jpg[/img]
322 9,877 Read More
General Truck Talk Jump to new posts
Re: Good news and future plans/options Spotbiltxo Thu Jan 20 2022 03:08 PM
Scrub those whitewall tires and the colors will really pop! Drive your truck for six months and you’ll fall in love with the way it looks now and won’t want to repaint it. That’s what happened to me.
17 616 Read More
The Engine Shop Jump to new posts
Re: Help me ID this motor please Spotbiltxo Thu Jan 20 2022 03:02 PM
Thanks guys! Based on your replies I told the seller I was no longer interested in his motor. He had it listed as a 235.
3 55 Read More
Big Bolts Jump to new posts
Re: What have you done on your (Big Bolt) today 78buckshot Thu Jan 20 2022 02:53 PM
The shop manual is available, White Post Restorations can rebuild the Hydrovac, mine is a Bendix 374000, yours's may be the same thing.
39 2,122 Read More
Re: 1950 panel seat and fender trim wanted Wallsguy Thu Jan 20 2022 02:43 PM
Thank you for the suggestions, I just sent a email inquiring to both Jim Carter's and Bill's truck parts.
3 39 Read More
Paint and Body Shop Jump to new posts
Re: 1949 Cab Repair WICruiser Thu Jan 20 2022 01:46 PM
Thanks for the additional information. When it warms up and I can get to back to work on the cab and running boards I will provide updates.
23 636 Read More
Re: Oil bath filter seal JW51 Thu Jan 20 2022 01:20 PM
Right. This is a clamp style thing as well.

You straightened the air horn of the carb itself?
2 41 Read More
Tons 'o Fun Jump to new posts
Re: 48 chevy 1 ton gas tank Justhorsenround Thu Jan 20 2022 01:19 PM
Trent, in the upper right corner of the page next to your username you will see the image of a envelope. If that image is flashing you have a private message. Click on the flashing envelope to open the message. You can also go back to your profile and change your preferences to send you a notification email when someone sends you a PM.

One of the problems is the gas tank for the 1 tons is not being reproduced and used tanks are hard to come by, plus if you do find one it more than likely has had a visit from mister rust. Good luck.
20 941 Read More
Re: 1959 Apache 31 "Ernest" Phak1 Thu Jan 20 2022 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by TUTS 59
I starting on my shop build.
chug
109 16,087 Read More
Paint and Body Shop Jump to new posts
Full cab rear panel. 53&Me Thu Jan 20 2022 11:50 AM
Has any of you folks replaced the cab rear panel instead of just the cab corners? I see that it is available and it looks to be held in place by bolts in the rear edge and spotwelds on the sides. Is that really all there is, or am I missing something?
0 22 Read More
The Whole Wild West Coast Jump to new posts
Re: Central California Stovebolt Members Gary42 Thu Jan 20 2022 09:40 AM
We're just 24 miles north of California border in Phoenix, OR. Let me know if I can help in any way.
14 1,259 Read More
The Whole Wild West Coast Jump to new posts
Re: How many from eastern Oregon? Gary42 Thu Jan 20 2022 08:42 AM
Hi colton, got my 42 1/2 ton in Aug 2021. Previously it ran around bend in the 70's then parked 40 years. Friend and i drug it down to Phoenix, South of Medford. Got the frozen engine to run good. The motor is out of a 1953 belair, 235 cu in.
I'd like to see you and your truck sometime. My truck is in the forum gallery 41-46
10 1,388 Read More
Re: 1962 235 pushrod 11" 1/4 FinnBolt Thu Jan 20 2022 06:37 AM
Found. Thank you for watching
2 121 Read More
Re: 1954-1955 1st Series Truck Heater/Fan D$TROYER Thu Jan 20 2022 06:11 AM
Thank you Kevinski and tclederman for pointing me in the right direction. It is not the same heater/fan but I’m willing to give it a shot even if it takes some modification. Thanks Kevinski for introducing me to that helpful site!

**Update*** I tried placing the order but the site said “This offer is not up to date, it is impossible to place order.”

The search continues thank you again for your assistance!
4 89 Read More
Driveline Jump to new posts
Re: Master Cylinder Kit for 1940 1/2 ton pickup Riggles Thu Jan 20 2022 06:01 AM
Men, thanks very much for the info. George, I don't know how I didn't see the washer in the end, must have had an eye closed! I have now got it all together & will start & put it all together over the next couple of days. I have printed off the diagram of the master cylinder, so my sons will have something to help them in the years to come.
I am making a new sound deadening layer to fit under the floor mat, which should also reduce some heat coming up from underneath.
Once again, thanks for the help. The help & advice I have received over the last few years has been great, and I tell friends what a great forum this is.
3 73 Read More
Re: 1951 gmc 100 228 help. tclederman Thu Jan 20 2022 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by gmc-is-me
Go to the oldgmctrucks.cpm site . .
oldgmctrucks.com (not cpm)
oldgmctrucks.com [oldgmctrucks.com]
16 198 Read More
Driveline Jump to new posts
Re: Missing kingpin seal (3600 Kingpin Replacement) moparguy Thu Jan 20 2022 03:41 AM
Ebay, I'm no expert but this one might be worth a look. [ebay.com] Not sure about a handle to turn it and you'd have to use shim stock to keep it centered in the bushing you're not cutting. At least based on the knowledge Jerry shared. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Another, [ebay.com] better option.

And another. [ebay.com]

RonR
19 546 Read More
Re: 39 to 46 rear window frame wanted NH46COE Thu Jan 20 2022 03:14 AM
29tons I just emailed you
3 97 Read More
Re: Lets save the Half Back '55 3600 OlderBlue Thu Jan 20 2022 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by 68ironhead
That 8-lug rearend likely has 4:56 gears. What is your long range plan for use of the truck?
I got the rear end torn down today. Kind of hard to see the pinion, but I'll figure out a way to count the teeth and we'll know for sure soon.

The truck will have an easy life. I am going to get everything working like it should and then just drive the truck. I'll use it to get feed and stuff at the co-op and other light farm use. Might even use it to pull the old 35 Massey to local tractor shows because I don't think that will be too much for it. I was telling the guy doing the frame that it wouldn't ever be max loaded and worked hard, but he said there was no way he'd let it leave his possession without me being able to load it up heavy and not worry, but I never will. After we can use it for a while one day we'll strip it back down to make a pretty truck. Right now I just want one I can use without worrying about scratches and dings. I might clean and paint the chassis as I go this time around but I'm not committed to that yet.
5 96 Read More
Big Bolts Jump to new posts
Re: Part Search Help 3B Thu Jan 20 2022 03:06 AM
Hy Dixon, the GM part number is 3965377, Bendix part number 2508827, Midland-Grau rebuilt part number RV2512065X, I did find a price at Find it Parts $269.00 plus $100.00 core. I hope that might help you find one in Germany or order one from the U.S.
19 1,298 Read More
Re: 235 harmonic balancer bschlafly Thu Jan 20 2022 02:59 AM
Thanks. I'll try them.
2 99 Read More
The HiPo Shop Jump to new posts
Re: Automotive De-evolution moparguy Thu Jan 20 2022 02:57 AM
JW51, since your thread has new legs consider the Carrington Event of 1851. [sciencealert.com]. This article [scientificamerican.com] is from a more respected source, Scientific American.

Scary stuff. Fires were started by telegraph lines, telegraph operators were able to send messages with batteries disconnected using only stray voltage in the atmosphere. Daylight at midnight due to extreme aurora borealis activity over a large part of the planet. Accounts read like a cheap sci fi movie, but it was real.

When another plasma ejection (giant solar EMP) hits earth (most miss) it's not going to be a pretty picture. That's when a vehicle like my old school '95 Dodge diesel "may" earn it's keep. Doesn't require a computer to run, or battery, or any electrons. It has a totally mechanical fuel pump, and injection pump. I needed the start solenoid for a project truck many years ago so it was pulled and replaced with a push/pull cable like many old school diesel tractors run. If someone steals the battery and I've got a hill to roll down for a bump start, we're good to go. That is if the solar EMP dosen't start a fire that burns the old truck up.

So, my first vote is a older school diesel. No computers, simple fuel needs, run on vegetable oil, kerosene, pine knots (well the Cummins might smile Or an older Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Always liked those, looked really hard at doing a Cummins 4BT or Isuzu 4BD1T conversion on one for a spell.

Hopefully we won't have to live through a Carrington level event. But if we do, I suspect this group will deal better than most in the modern world.

RonR
28 826 Read More
Interiors Jump to new posts
Re: Heater part KEVINSKI Thu Jan 20 2022 02:43 AM
Seen this may work for you it has a flap and don’t know if the sizes are correct you will have to check.
15 831 Read More
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop