Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-ya Shop

Draglink Rebuild Tip

By Joe Hand


One tip I want to pass along. I rebuilt my draglink and tierod ends and found it was harder to steer than before. After I took them all back off, I found the balls were not the same diameter as the cups. Lucky for me, I bought the bolt-in replacement type. All I did to repair the problem was chuck the ball ends in the drill press and lap in the cups using valve lapping compound. It didn't take much and I was able to hold the cups with my fingers.

      After reinstalling them, it worked ten times smoother, and the binding was completely gone. I purchased the whole set from Jim Carters.

Joe Hand

No parts of this site, its contents, photos or graphics may be used without permission.  

Copyright © 1995-2023 | The Stovebolt Page | Leonardtown, Maryland