1963 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Longbed Fleetside
01 May 2005
Hello truck lovers! Here's my 1963 Chevrolet
1/2-ton looong bed. I bought it from a friend who tore it down and spread the
parts over three counties in two states! Thanks Bill! :)
Anyway, with his help, I was able to gather
it all back together, and after seven years, it is on the road again!
It has a crate 350 with an Edelbrock intake
and carb, unique dual exhaust exiting together on the right side, and a hounds-tooth
orange cloth seat. Thanks to my ultra-cool wife for picking out the seat cloth
and surprising me with it for Christmas.
It is in retro-rod primer right now, because
it's cool, and because I could not decide upon the color!
Anyway, these projects are NEVER really complete,
so why not wear it on the outside.
An interesting fact about my truck is that it
has been owned by three friends in a row. Now, this may not seem odd at first,
since many friends sell other friends their vehicles. However, with us, our
lives are intertwined with this old Stovebolt. Like the truck, we are all Born
in the USA, arrived in 1963 (yes, we are all '63 babies!), and all tough
as steel! Ha!
I belong to the Chevy
GMC Truck Club of Kansas City. Here are some additional
pictures / information about my Bolt. Hope you like it, and get some inspiration
to complete your own cool ride!
- Frame/Manufacture: Stock, painted with Imron
- Modifications: stock except for see below
- Rearend / Ratio: GM 3:73 posi
- Rear suspension: lowered springs 4", Early Classic Enterprises
- Rear brakes: stock, rebuilt
- Front suspension: 2.5" dropped spindles, Early Classic Enterprises
- Front brakes: disc
- Master cylinder: Dual, powder coated, Early Classic Enterprises
- Steering: power, 67-72 gearbox and pump
- Steering column: ididit steel tilt painted DP90
- Front wheel make, size: Rallys powdercoated orange, 15 inch
- Rear wheel make, size: same as front
- Front tire make, size: BF Goodrich Radial TA P24560R15
- Rear tire make, size: BF Goodrich Radial TA P25560R15
- Fuel tank: custom relocated under bed, 19 gallon, No Limit Engineering
- Year and Make: crate motor from GM, pre-1985
- Displacement: 350 c.i. ENGINE Camshaft: stock
- Heads: stock
- Valve covers: chrome
- Manifold/Induction: Edelbrock Performer
- Air Cleaner: Edelbrock
- Ignition/Wires MSD: Accel HEI
- Headers: block huggers
- Exhaust: Custom duals exiting together on the right, forward of the rear
wheel, made by Adams Muffler, Liberty, MO
- Year/Make: 1962 Borg Warner T-10 4 spd
- Converter: nope TRANSMISSION Shifter: T&F shifter
- Style/Material: stock steel
- Manufacturer: Chevrolet
- Modifications: filled gas tank hole in cab
- Hood: stock BODY Grille: stock
- Bed: stock
- Body Man: myself and Pat Kissinger, Quality Auto Body, Platte City, MO
- Painter: myself
- Paint type/Color: PPG DP90 / flat black 'suede'
- Pinstriping: none
- Head/Tail Lights: stock
- Mirrors: stock
- Dashboard: steel painted orange enamel
- Air Cond.: Vintage Air
- Steering Wheel: Chevy Duty
- Wiring: Painless Wiring Kit
- Seats: stock bench, covered with '69 Camaro Pace Car orange and black hounds
tooth and black vinyl
- Upholsterer: NKC Auto Trim
- Material/Color: black and orange
- Carpet/Color: It's a truck! Rubber Mat for this baby!
- Gauges: VDO
- Stereo/Speakers: AM/FM tape deck
Thanks for lookin'.
|No parts of this site, its contents, photos or graphics may be used without permission.
Copyright © 1995-2023 | The Stovebolt Page | Leonardtown, Maryland