The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Grilles for 1934, 35, and 36 GM trucks

To 1934-35 and 1936 GM Truck Customers

A limited number of new grilles have just arrived! They are totally SHOW QUALITY, mirrow-polished, stainless steel. Includes outer reinforcing band, vertical center bars, and special customer fasteners to attach to your outer shell.

LOOK HERE
and see

Limited Quantity!

Old Chevy Trucks.com

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
2015 Calendars!
12 months of GMC Stovebolts

There are over 10 to choose from.

Check for details!

Who's Online
8 registered (Jeler, martinmikey, Bob Giles, Larry_58_Burb, Ed Lepelis, 51chris), 60 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
37,099 Registered Members
46 Forums
97,879 Topics
748,962 Posts

Most users ever online: 399 @ Wed Apr 09 2014 10:26 PM
Today's Birthdays
59fleetsideext, dschmidt, nedde, UncleLarry
Image Posting Policy
Topic Options
#942784 - Sun May 12 2013 04:36 PM Driver side wiper arm sweeps too far left when driving/using wipers.
Grant Dupee' Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Loc: Mazomanie, WI
Hi All, Grant here from Wisconsin. My wipers on my 59 (vac) work well, BUT... when driving on the road in the rain, wipers running, the left wiper arm goes way too far to the left, nearly leaving the curved portion of the glass. They return to park well, and the right wiper, as it reaches it's full movement right, stops at a verticle position, (12 o'clock). This concerns me, as my original windshield was badly gouged at the left side, from the wiper arm going too far left. I don't want this to repeat on my newer glass. Any help? Grant.
#942787 - Sun May 12 2013 04:48 PM Re: Driver side wiper arm sweeps too far left when driving/using wipers. [Re: Grant Dupee']
red58 Offline
Boltergeist
Loc: north of the 49th
don't drive in the rain grin might be something installed wrong or badly worn in the linkage, but the excess sweep at speed is a common problem for the TF trucks I've had from wind action and windshield shape - the 'gouging' occurs from running bad wiper blades, usually very hardened rubber, sometimes nearly no rubber, on dirty dry glass

Bill
#942790 - Sun May 12 2013 04:51 PM Re: Driver side wiper arm sweeps too far left when driving/using wipers. [Re: Grant Dupee']
LONGBOX55 Offline
Master Gabster
Loc: DANVILLE IL
Mine does the same thing, especially when I'm running 70 mph on the highway.

Moderator:  cletis 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->