The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Grilles for 1934, 35, and 36 GM trucks

To 1934-35 and 1936 GM Truck Customers

A limited number of new grilles have just arrived! They are totally SHOW QUALITY, mirrow-polished, stainless steel. Includes outer reinforcing band, vertical center bars, and special customer fasteners to attach to your outer shell.

LOOK HERE
and see

Limited Quantity!

Old Chevy Trucks.com

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
2015 Calendars!
12 months of GMC Stovebolts

There are over 10 to choose from.

Check for details!

Who's Online
43 registered (48 chevy truck dude, 2-Ton, BlueChipper, amtrakjoe, 19491433, 55 SHAKER, 2 invisible), 177 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
37,085 Registered Members
46 Forums
97,794 Topics
748,309 Posts

Most users ever online: 399 @ Wed Apr 09 2014 10:26 PM
Today's Birthdays
old stovebolter, Random1111, robert d, rodewit, rodewit4, RustedHonor
Image Posting Policy
Topic Options
#827468 - Sat Feb 18 2012 11:27 AM introduce myself and a question
Laureano Offline
New Guy
Loc: Villa Ramallo, Buenos Aires, A...
Hi everyone, my name is Laureano from Argentina.
First of all I want to say thanks for receiving me here. My english isn't very good so sorry for that.

I need you to help me because two months ago I've bought a 1939 master deluxe car. Nowadays it's not a car anymore such as the previous owner cought the cab and made it a light duty truck with it.
The problem is that it has the steering wheel and the pedals on the right side, here in Argentina we can't drive like that. So i'd like you to help me to change that.

What do I have to do to acomplish that mission secret? jeje

i hope you can help me.

Thanks again.
Laureano.

#827514 - Sat Feb 18 2012 03:43 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: Laureano]
tcox Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: East Tennessee
That will be a boatload of work - huge project. You may need a "donor" frame with left side steering on a compatible wheelbase. I'm already lost just trying to imagine how to do that. Good luck with your project.

By the way - welcome to the Bolt !!!

Edited by tcox (Sat Feb 18 2012 03:44 PM)
#827520 - Sat Feb 18 2012 04:14 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: tcox]
FriedGreenTmater Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: colorado
From what has been done already, I assume you are not concerned with originality. This one might be a good candidate for a Mustang II front suspension if that kind of thing is available in Buenos Aires.
More pix on Photobucket
Caution: Political Statement

Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
#827722 - Sun Feb 19 2012 07:14 AM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: FriedGreenTmater]
Davey Do Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: Godfrey, IL
Hola Laureano. Bienvienido a la pagina Stovebolt.

El Ingles es mejor que mi Espanol.

You know, this is an interesting situation as I was just looking at the Blue Funk's frame. The area where the steering box bolts to the frame has holes in exactly the same spot on the opposite frame rail. I thought wow- that must be for other countries that use opposite steering. Am I wrong?

Entiendes Laureano? Yo no hables Inglish del todo bien.

More pix on Photobucket
#827931 - Sun Feb 19 2012 05:35 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: Davey Do]
Laureano Offline
New Guy
FriedGreenTmater:

obviously you're right, originality is not the most important thing form me, however, i'd like to mantain the original mechanical parts (engine, transmision,etc).
Even if I wanted to do what you said, its impossible to get mustang parts here in Argentina. jeje we just see yours on tv and dream.

Davey do:

I've noticed what you said too. I think that as the same trucks where sold in England and here, they should use the same frame.
I'm going to try and if I get succes I'll do a tutorial of that.

Thanks everyone for receiving me!
Laureano.

#828739 - Wed Feb 22 2012 09:45 AM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: Laureano]
BIG CHEVY 3600 Offline
Master Gabster
Loc: DALLAS/BLANCO TEXAS
From what I've seen most manufacturers (especially Ford who is big in England) design cars to be right or left drive and seem to be compatible to the switch. Some parts (steering) must be exchanged. You'll gain a lot of engineering experience before your task is finished.

Atheism
The belief that there was nothing
and nothing happened to nothing and
then nothing magically exploded for
no reason, creating everything and
then a bunch of everything magically
rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever
into self-replicating bits which then turned
into dinosaurs.
Makes perfect sense.

#829141 - Thu Feb 23 2012 05:14 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: BIG CHEVY 3600]
Laureano Offline
New Guy
#829522 - Fri Feb 24 2012 09:21 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: Laureano]
randy luton Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: KS
Passenger car 1939 owner's manual and other info here
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/index.htm
#829997 - Sun Feb 26 2012 01:55 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: randy luton]
gazim Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: CHARLOTTE MICHIGAN
Well I can't help Laureano but we welcome all foreign bolters.
Nice to hear from you
#830042 - Sun Feb 26 2012 05:11 PM Re: introduce myself and a question [Re: gazim]
red58 Offline
Boltergeist
Loc: north of the 49th
AFAIK all the right drive cars and trucks were assembled in Canada for overseas shipment, although there may have been an assembly plant in Brazil that did it too .... for the years that I've seen the assembly manuals, they show details for both right and left drive ... don't think I've ever seen a 30's assembly manual tho

Bill

Moderator:  KCMongo 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->