The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!
American Classic
Truck Parts

Fall is here

Hambone working on his Chevy

The last of the shows will soon be only digital pictures and fond memories. If you are getting your Bolt ready for some last cruises, or just thinking about putting her up for winter, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount on parts in stock to Stovebolters. Please add your Stovebolt screen name and number in the comments at the end -- no special codes required.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
2016 Calendars!
12 months of GMC Stovebolts

The calendars from last year are available for 2016. We will be starting from scratch soon. If you want one just like one from last year, you may want to check it out soon.

Check for details!

Who's Online
58 registered (55 SHAKER, 6571, 50Chevy1Ton, 2ton46, 66flea, 4 invisible), 238 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
37,685 Registered Members
48 Forums
99,708 Topics
764,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 509 @ Thu Nov 12 2015 04:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
Brassbar, jakethesnake27, McCrider
Image Posting Policy
New Reply
Topic Options
#396206 - Tue Apr 01 2008 05:46 AM Welcome to the new Forum!!
phantom Offline
New Guy
Loc: north texas
thanks for the welcome - and what a WONDERFULL site! My name is Richard and I live near Weatherford tx. At 57 im finally able to buy/restore that old trk i've always dreamed about. I recently purchased a 52 chevy truck out of the pasture where it had been sitting for 8 years. I won't bore you with the details of fighting wasps and snakes or with the fact that my wife thinks maybe I've lost my mind paying a thousand dollors for some rusted junk but my first "scare" started when I tried to get a lost VIN looked bogus and didnt match any known 52 in the world....just as i was about to agree with my wife that i am an old fool...I FOUND YOUR SITE...and through it figured out i had bought a 1953 1/2 ton short bed commercial with a PERFECT VIN!!!! I have been reading this site every spare minute since,and cant wait to get started on my project ( as soon as i figure out what i want to do with it...restore.rod,customize ,et!) thanks to all of you at stovebolt
#396247 - Tue Apr 01 2008 09:32 AM Re: Welcome to the new Forum!! [Re: phantom]
31,32,33 Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: Dallas, TX
Welcome Phantom, Your out there in Cletis Country. You will find a lot of friendly folks and good information on your project here, no matter which way you decide to go with it. Cleon
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the nearer the end the faster it goes.

1949 Chevy 6400
1931 Chevy Firetruck

#396251 - Tue Apr 01 2008 09:41 AM Re: Welcome to the new Forum!! [Re: 31,32,33]
gtow69 Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: Long Island New York
Welcome to the Bolt, Phantom. I also have a wife that thinks I have lost my mind and a 1953. Hummm... small world lol.
Wanted Good Woman:
Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
#396993 - Wed Apr 02 2008 08:26 PM Re: Welcome to the new Forum!! [Re: 31,32,33]
phantom Offline
New Guy
Loc: north texas
dear fetcher and gtow /all...thank you for the warm welcome. I apologize for waiting so long to answer but the bandages on my fingers made typing near impossable.

finally got started on my 53,,still not sure where im going with it but decided to do a full frame off job. never really done this before but i got a really nice shop and lotsa power tools,,so how hard could it be? to begin with theres only 4 or 5 bolts ya can get to w/power 1/2 inch impact. but i soon discovered that a box end 1/2 and 9/16 is all you really need.

stood and looked at trkfor awhile and thought i would start by removing hood first. must be some trick to it cause theres 6 bolts on each side.....i took out 2 and the ^%*$ hood FELL on me!!! banged up my shinns and head a little but "no pain no gain" right? anyway I got hood and 2 water hoses off and only smashed 3 fingers and busted all the knuckles on one hand. the real harm started when i was carrying hood (looking for a safe place to put it) when i tripped over the air hose that i wasnt using anyway and fell against engine hoist. the hood is fine and para-medics swore nothing was broken. I figured that was enough for the first day as my fingers were sarting to bleed pretty bad anyway.

can't wait till next week end to get started again.

Moderator:  1953 panel, Achipmunk 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop