The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!
Happy New Year

Ring in the new year with some quality time with your old truck! Now is a great time to tackle a winter project. If you do not have access to your truck, start your parts list for spring!

The days are officially getting longer now, you know!

American Classic Truck Parts still offers a 10% discount to Stovebolters for items in stock.

Keep Warm!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
2016 Calendars!
12 months of Stovebolts

We have seven 2016 calendars (two all new) in the Hoo-ya Shoppe and we are working on more.

Check for details!

Who's Online
22 registered (Cosmo, 52_Ton, 49nut, dougs, 2-Ton, Brad Allen), 247 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
37,918 Registered Members
47 Forums
99,419 Topics
769,652 Posts

Most users ever online: 509 @ Thu Nov 12 2015 04:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
billschevy, goatman66, interloper, Joe Adams, myjessica, pawpaw charlie, sstockton
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts She's Running by Larry1974 @ Sat Jan 30 2016 10:32 PM

Well I got my old stove bolt running today! She had been sitting for about 20 years in the woods when I pulled her out and brought it home. Been working on it for almost a month and was able to get it running today. She sounds good, but I do think
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 46 Pickup on S10 Frame - Wheel Spacers? by Paulski @ Sat Jan 30 2016 10:18 PM

I see what your saying, it fit my application because I didn't have a drive shaft or wheels yet, I ended up putting spacers on the front wheels so I got billet spacers that converted the bolt pattern to ford so all four wheels will have the same bolt
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Spare Tire Carrier on Fender by gofstbuick @ Sat Jan 30 2016 10:18 PM

Thank you
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts 261 Engine Mounts by oldbolter @ Sat Jan 30 2016 10:04 PM

My '59 one ton has a 235 with the stock 4 point mounting system. I have located a 1960 261 which does not have provisions for attaching motor mounts to the front corners of the engine. Instead, it uses a single mount up front similar to early sixes
Panels 'N Burbs
Jump to new posts Re: Removal of lower clamshell door on 1949 CE by tclederman @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:46 PM

double posted
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 69 C10 Starter or Solenoid Problem? by dwightviking1960 @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:34 PM

Update: Had to put the testing on hold for a couple weeks.....issues, then the blizzard. Could not locate my specific gravity battery tester, so after topping off the battery and charging, I put the battery back in and took her for a test drive.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 261 thermostat housing on a 235 engine by Tiny_Jaime @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:24 PM

The upper thermostat housing is 3757230, x, gm. I gooled the number and it came back as outlet group number 1.153 The lower thermostat housing is 375723(x) x is either a 2 or 3. It was cut off by where on of the mounting hole where cut in so it coul
Making a Stovebolt Bed
Jump to new posts Re: Removing clamshell door from a 49 Canopy Express by hoozadaddy2 @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:23 PM

Thanks
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by Achipmunk @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:18 PM

Uncle Brad, and others. When I first started using POR15 some years ago I couldn't find it anywhere around my hometown area. Since that time I have found out that several "paint" stores have now started carrying it. One of the places here
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Are my old knee shocks worth anything? by Brad Allen @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:15 PM

Offer them up in the Freebies section someone may be able to use them?
Panels 'N Burbs
Jump to new posts Removal of lower clamshell door on 1949 CE by hoozadaddy2 @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:11 PM

I am in need of some directions for removing the rear gate on my '49 Chevroley canopy express. Pictures would be great. Thanks Bruce
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by cletis @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:03 PM

Looking great, Brad.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: ignition setting 235 by 59chevy36 @ Sat Jan 30 2016 09:03 PM

Thats my issue. I usually adjust to the lose side to avoid burning. Will try a little tighter.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Truck pictures by gwsut @ Sat Jan 30 2016 08:47 PM

Homer 52: Thanks for the photos of your truck. It brings back a million memories. You see, my father had one exactly like yours. In fact, that was the truck I learned to drive. It was a work horse as we hauled anything you could get in the bed. Hay,
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Spare Tire Carrier on Fender by root @ Sat Jan 30 2016 08:14 PM

gofstbuick, I modified mine from a 6 hole pattern to fit my 5 X 4.75 chevy wheel. I left the top one in and ground the other 2 off and center the wheel and redrilled the holes. Put in new studs and tacked the back side so they would not spin. Looks j
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Homecoming Date -- 6-8 May by 53 green 1- ton @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:57 PM

The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: IFS progress by metal shaper @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:36 PM

Painted IFS Painted
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by metal shaper @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:33 PM

I didn't do a lot of work sanding like I do when doing body work.It will be covered with sheet metal some day. Painted IFS
eBay and Craiglists Links
Jump to new posts Re: 1954 CHEVY PICKUP WITH FACTORY HYDRA-MATIC, ePay by Peggy M @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:28 PM

Tim, You are too nice!
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Firebird pop-up window by Peggy M @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:25 PM

Thanks Tiny. I did have the block pop-ups checked but in looking in the Advance portion there were four sites that we allowed access. I do not know what they were but I un-checked them. There was some other stuff on there I did not know about - lik
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by metal shaper @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By Uncle BradI had some unexpected help stop by, so we got the 55.2's rear fenders installed. It's starting to look like a truck again. Brad That looks really good.I like the two tone paint and the hub caps.Good looking truck.
Truck Parts Wanted
Hi Jerry,I'm located in Michigan,48059. Cost including shipping? Thanks Kirk 586-441-8215
Jump to new posts Re: Homecoming Date -- 6-8 May by John Milliman @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:19 PM

Don -- I *DID* see that. That would be awesome if your lovely bride joined us. As for the thong ... no habla englais... Chris -- Cool! Bring the pieces! We've done enough tear downs. A build session would be a lot of fun. JM
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: thoughts on electronic ignition etal by Deve @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:11 PM

LOL! Well, you can call it anything you want I guess, but the module may control the current, but its main function is its ability to self adjust the dwell based on engine RPM. It's secondary function is to speed up dramatically the ramp and fire cir
Jump to new posts Re: Homecoming Date -- 6-8 May by 2-Ton @ Sat Jan 30 2016 07:05 PM

John You do know, thats Mother's day weekend? I may have to bring the redhead. Don Edit: And she will make me wear the thong!
Page 40 of 43 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->