The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!

Spring is here!

If you are bringing the old truck out of winter storage, or up from the woods, be sure to check the Tech Tip for a few helpful hints.

If you have some work to do before you go cruising, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
35 registered (3B, 641Workmaster, 69Cuda, Aaron, 1866yellowboy, 46gmcpu, 4 invisible), 283 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,306 Registered Members
47 Forums
100,758 Topics
782,538 Posts

Most users ever online: 509 @ Thu Nov 12 2015 04:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
Dave Parker, downshifter99, fpontarolo, GrFa, moosecholok, Patric Schmid, RDomeck
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 292 exhaust by Born Lucky @ Thu Apr 28 2016 10:10 PM

$100.00 plus ship
The Engine Shop
Anyone know what years GM used the simple spring style hose clamps which require a special pair of pliers to install/remove? Carl
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by Achipmunk @ Thu Apr 28 2016 10:06 PM

Jacked the Panel up and put a new seal on the automatic tranny shifter arm and replaced a bad headlight switch. The NEW front drums have always been a suspect for being out of round so I pulled them off tonight and will get them turned in the mornin
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Accelerator pedal distance form the floor question? by 52Carl @ Thu Apr 28 2016 10:01 PM

Fixy, are you sure that you can achieve full throttle with only one inch of pedal travel? Are you using the original bell crank and have it installed correctly? (I don't know if it is possible to instal it wrong.) Something isn't right. Carl
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: cardboard headliner by KEVINSKI @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:58 PM

I also am in need of a headliner. I see on e bay that abs plastic ones come up but they are expensive and they are also one piece. If any one has tried one would be interesting to see how they like it. Otherwise the cardboard type with a coating on
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: 1949 Chevrolet 1/2 ton w/4 speed floor mat question. by GIJOE298 @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:56 PM

I used cardboard as a template with pretty good luck.
Truck Parts For Sale
What are you doing with the body? I need the header above the rear door
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Classic Trucks Exahust by Biglou @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:47 PM

That's old school; the PO of my 50' pick up did this years ago Maybe just by a pair of fentons for $200
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings from NOLA by Achipmunk @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:36 PM

DJ, your in good hands here on the bolt and we look forward to any input you have to contribute. That is what makes this place so great.....everyone contributes something. As Peggy always says not one of us is as smart as all of us. See you around
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: rpm at 60 mph by joker @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:31 PM

sell that sucker to me and let me figure it out.. my 52 that I had with the 235, s-10 five speed with 2:73 gear could run 90 less then 3,000 ... took awhile to get there..lol
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: thermostat by Deve @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:18 PM

Thanks! I didn't want to tear my 53's housing down to take more pictures. This is a big deal for those backyard mechanics who have been told to drill a hole in their thermostat but are scared to do it. No need with this one. It comes in 160 and 180 a
The Southern Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Car Show/Cruise In - N. GA/N. Atlanta- May 1st by Tramp @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:12 PM

Alvin, They are calling for rain all weekend here. As you know, I'm still running Kansas plates, and as of today, they still haven't shown up. Mailed out on the 19th for a total of 6 miles to the mailbox in Kansas. Supposed to be coming from there UP
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: thermostat by DADS50 @ Thu Apr 28 2016 09:01 PM

...pic...
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: thermostat by Deve @ Thu Apr 28 2016 08:56 PM

Well, okay.. Is there a downside to using them? I've been here for 16 years through hundreds of thermostat threads and you have never graced us with this rather interesting info. Typical, but not sure why you would deliberately keep this sort of info
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Lowering the frontend 49 3100 by showkey @ Thu Apr 28 2016 08:55 PM

Drop springs........ https://www.performanceonline.com/Leaf-Springs-and-Leaf-Spring-Kits-c-752/
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: A challenge only fit for The President by 2-Ton @ Thu Apr 28 2016 08:50 PM

If Hambone has not swapped out his engine yet. That would make a good practice run next weekend. Or we could kidnap the Presidential Limo next weekend and just do it. We can blame it on Hambone, he can take the heat. Don
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 94 MILE 20'x11'8" SHED MOVE on Big Bolt flatbed by Big Al's @ Thu Apr 28 2016 08:43 PM

Hello Paul, I have been involved with hauling oversized loads and it can be a rush but not always a pleasant rush. I was moving a John Deere "A" tractor on a flatbed and simply could not get the trailer, with the tractor, balanced proper
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: thermostat by Hotrod Lincoln @ Thu Apr 28 2016 08:41 PM

I was installing them 30 years ago. Jerry
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: rpm at 60 mph by homer52 @ Thu Apr 28 2016 08:35 PM

Right you are, 28 is my max. Dave
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: thermostat by Deve @ Thu Apr 28 2016 07:48 PM

This thermostat is like nothing I have seen. Rather than drilling your own 1/8" hole to allow for steam venting, it has what they call a jiggle pin valve. It's a 1/8" hole with a little cover over it that opens when any pressure is present.
Panels 'N Burbs
Jump to new posts Re: 55 Chevy 1st Series Panel Truck New Home by 69Cuda @ Thu Apr 28 2016 07:47 PM

that is going to be sweet! Looking forward to seeing some progress and finished pics as you go!
Driveline
Jump to new posts What is this? by SoAnG @ Thu Apr 28 2016 07:42 PM

There is a large knob on the dash attached to a metal cable that runs through the firewall, and attached to a lever on the transmission that turns another small auxiliary drive line. However, I do not know exactly what this is for. I may take it of
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Hardware Index by Deve @ Thu Apr 28 2016 07:41 PM

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/parts/1929_54/473.htm
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: A challenge only fit for The President by John Milliman @ Thu Apr 28 2016 07:39 PM

As with any highly technical, extremely precise, horridly expense and fantastically dangerous procedure, a practice run is highly advisable. I have an idea ...
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Classic Trucks Exahust by Fox @ Thu Apr 28 2016 07:20 PM

I saw a tech tip in Classic Trucks where they take a straight 6 exhaust manifold, cut out a hole for a dual, heat the snot out of the manifold and then weld on the dual with a MIG. They then plug off the one side to create a "true" dual. H
Page 34 of 42 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->