The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!

All the world is a garage

If you are a shade tree mechanic, well good for you! What guts! We have plenty of them here.

Hope you find some shade to work in and them some cool spots for those summer events!

If you have some work to do before you go cruising, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
34 registered (agedhorse, 46 Chev, 42465967, 53 green 1- ton, 4 invisible), 265 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,481 Registered Members
47 Forums
101,582 Topics
788,960 Posts

Most users ever online: 585 @ Sun Jun 05 2016 05:52 PM
Today's Birthdays
Atkins Auto, Beefcake, conestogaman, hot rod, John Milliman, vindog420
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by DADS50 @ Fri Jun 17 2016 08:16 PM

The ubbcode got disabled in the process :(
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 12 Volt Brake Light & Turn Signal Bulbs by Deve @ Fri Jun 17 2016 08:12 PM

That is why I am curious too Andy. I want to put in my article the choices so people can just put in the socket what they feel is best. The 67's all the way around really work fine IF you use the centermost socket for stop/brake and the bottommost o
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by joker @ Fri Jun 17 2016 08:11 PM

it works in this section only.....I have to keep repeating.. it works here in the It section only for me.........do you have super powers Tim, check the other forum and see if it works for you
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 12 Volt Brake Light & Turn Signal Bulbs by tclederman @ Fri Jun 17 2016 08:10 PM

Just to muddy this conversation: has anyone used 12v 1156 and/or 1157 base LED auto light bulbs? I have use 1156 and 1157 base 6v LED (pos and neg ground) auto light bulbs and they are quite bright (and draw little power and put off little heat)?
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 12 Volt Brake Light & Turn Signal Bulbs by HandyAndy1947 @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:50 PM

Yeah, I suppose you're right, they're definitely not long life bulbs. I'll try to get you a number when I get the bulbs from EBay. I did take both tail light lenses off to confirm the numbers I have. The tail lights are 67s and the only numbers on
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by tclederman @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:42 PM

I just now successfully edited my post above.
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by joker @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:20 PM

it works only in this forum.. no others. and that is for me. I dont know about others.
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:09 PM

I thought the edit button did work now? Gosh, we are on the second page? I think Paul should be here soon. :dang:
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by joker @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:07 PM

I have a suggestion......being that the other forums edit button no longer works at all, might be a good idea some how to get the word out to others before they start emailing paul or anyone else...my delete button dont work.. just a thought, y
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:05 PM

I don't get it. We'll have to see what Paul chimes in with.
Driveline
Granny is very useful. I used my 48 3600 to pull stumps on the farm. We would just chain them up, put it in Granny and pop the clutch. No way was the pipe bumper specially made for this going to lose. It was a memory I will never forget. I laughed so
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:03 PM

:) OH! And [b]my[/b] only option is HTML. errrrrrrrrrrrr. Look at this mess.
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 07:02 PM

Tim, While I was checking your personal permissions, I noticed you didn't have a "certain forum access." I had never noticed that before since we didn't have that "certain forum" ... so hopefully, if we can get all the moderators "clicked" for th
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:59 PM

Yes, it shows in General Truck to have the same settings as before -- using HTML or UBB. I am not sure what the default is as I think my screen (as an Admin) looks different than others. Okay, so unless I hear back from Paul about the edit / dele
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by tclederman @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:58 PM

Tiny, I do not any other option, except: "using HTML"
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle code by JackieC @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:56 PM

LONGBOX55, Thank you very much!! Jackie
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:56 PM

TIM!!!!! Let me see if I can figure that out without getting another piece of chocolate. :D HMMMMmmmmmm ... in editing this, now I see the emoticon doesn't show up as an icon but the shortcut. Dang-arang. Has someone let off an EMP someplace?????
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Tiny @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:55 PM

Check your markup box Tim. It seems to be back to the old problem of HTML by default. I changed it to UBB and HTML and it works OK.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle code by LONGBOX55 @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:51 PM

It's from a '51 3100, 4.11 gear, manufactured at Detroit Gear and Axle on September 27th.
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by tclederman @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:50 PM

In the General Truck Talk Forum, text does not work (for italics).
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by DADS50 @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:49 PM

Yes Both functions work for me also Edit and delete Thank you!!!!
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle code by JackieC @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:45 PM

I'm trying to determine the year model truck the rear end came from.
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by joker @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:43 PM

well it works perfect now for me in this forum which I try to stay out of because I am not a high tech.. I tested, edit and deleted, all perfect... would it be ok to post ever thing in here.............just kidding good news, we got baby red
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:37 PM

Sent this discussion to Paul and I am going for a chocolate bar. I don't think a beer will cut it. :(
IT Short Bus
Jump to new posts Re: Test by Peggy M @ Fri Jun 17 2016 06:35 PM

Okay, let me send this on to Paul. There is another area in the settings for the forum that works with the groups. I just changed the edit time limit for the IT Shortbus to 60,000 minutes. So, everyone but Guests should be able to edit a post in he
Page 34 of 35 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->