The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!

All the world is a garage

If you are a shade tree mechanic, well good for you! What guts! We have plenty of them here.

Hope you find some shade to work in and them some cool spots for those summer events!

If you have some work to do before you go cruising, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
47 registered (Achipmunk, 2-Ton, 1953 panel, 42465967, 66flea, Allen Lane, 5 invisible), 362 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,492 Registered Members
47 Forums
101,426 Topics
788,780 Posts

Most users ever online: 585 @ Sun Jun 05 2016 05:52 PM
Today's Birthdays
49chevy454, 61lorrie, Frantz, junebug909, Mark H, yllw1964
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Parting 1959 3/4 Ton w/Title by 55_2nd_Series @ Today at 05:48 PM

I do still have one available. Let me know when you'll be coming through and I will have it ready. Thanks, Gary
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Is a tach required to break-in an engine? by showkey @ Today at 05:25 PM

Modern engine plant today..........they test run a small sample ( usually 1 out of 50) of the engines off line. The rest go directly to the assembly line ( or shipping ) and installed in the vehicle. The assemble cars or trucks are started and run
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday boy by SWEET @ Today at 05:18 PM

Billy does your holster keep the "shifter" in place while inverted? Don't act like you're not sure either!
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Gas Mileage by basham @ Today at 05:11 PM

If memory is correct it's a 11965
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Parting 1959 3/4 Ton w/Title by Redline @ Today at 05:01 PM

Do you still have an SM420? I'll be close to you in a couple of weeks coming back from vacation.
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Need a 1955-1959 15" steel wheel with tabs by jerryschevyparts @ Today at 04:55 PM

I have one 15 in. with 3 clips for 70.00 plus postage Thanks Jerry
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 50 chevy grille painting by 53Movinon @ Today at 04:43 PM

Good idea to use the nyloc style nuts jockbolter. I will be doing a rebuild soon on my grill. Steve
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 1958 Factory Electric Wipers by Chad Simpkins @ Today at 04:20 PM

Thanks guys. I do have the shop manual, but I haven't checked it yet. I will take a look. 69Cuda, I have all the connectors on the board and have tested everything. I was specifically interested in where the wire that connects to the board for hot
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 1958 Factory Electric Wipers by 69Cuda @ Today at 04:13 PM

the wires that come out of the wiper motor go to terminals on a board right on the wiper motor frame assembly. There should be a male spade terminal on that for the hot wire to plug onto. I think I can get a picture if needed but there should only be
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: 62 rear control arm by BC59 @ Today at 04:08 PM

Is this for a '65 or '65? Width of pad on axle wider on '60-'62 than '63 up, length may be different, never checked.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Is a tach required to break-in an engine? by Hotrod Lincoln @ Today at 04:00 PM

It's my understanding that most engines were either run after assembly, or "motored" over by a big electric motor for a certain time without actually being fired up, to break in the parts and check for proper oil pressure, etc. A lot of co
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle questions - which one do I have? by 69Cuda @ Today at 03:54 PM

wanting a 2-speed is plenty of reason to switch! I think it also depends on year. Looking again, the 55.2-59 shows 2 ratios, 5.83/7.95 and 6.40/8.72 earlier probably uses a different rear.
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Passenger Side Mirror by KansasMike @ Today at 03:52 PM

Thanks
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Fan Belt- '52 3100 by tclederman @ Today at 03:47 PM

The fan belt rides on the water pump, on the harmonic balancer, and on the generator? They are all attached to the block (and move with the block). I'd guess a bad bearing in the water pump or in the generator (and, more unlikely, a loose/wobbly h
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Fan Belt- '52 3100 by Wrenchbender Ret. @ Today at 03:25 PM

What gen. or alt. do you have. There is not a lot of contact area on the 6 cyl. engine for the gen. If it is a high amp gen. or alt. it will put a lot of stain on the belt & it will slip. Check the charging voltage. It should not be over 7.5 on a
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: 1958 Factory Electric Wipers by Flxible @ Today at 03:22 PM

if you have the 58 shop manual supplement, there should be a section about wipers in it - the factory fuse panel has a position labeled "ACC" [accessories], use it for power Bill
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle questions - which one do I have? by mechanic58 @ Today at 03:09 PM

The 2-speeds were 6.10 and 8.10 from what I am reading. However I guess that depends on which axle you have. There were several different manufacturers. I'm just having a hard time nailing down model numbers and application charts. I don't have a g
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle questions - which one do I have? by 69Cuda @ Today at 02:52 PM

unless you are hauling a lot of weight or want the lower rear ratio for pulling power, I would stay with the 6.17 gears. The 2-speed is 6.40 and 8.75. That is nice for pulling a lot of weight because you have more gears but, it has a slower top end.
eBay and Craiglists Links
Jump to new posts 1965 327 1/2 ton in NY $29,500 by Super55 @ Today at 02:50 PM

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars...pe1467139670155
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Fan Belt- '52 3100 by 69Cuda @ Today at 02:42 PM

sitting still, with wheels cranked sharp to the right, does it squeal?
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Basic engine wiring by bartamos @ Today at 02:32 PM

Well, exactly what components are on it now? Modern coil? foot switch, push switch on dash, starter with solenoid? Old ceramic coil? hand crank? What are the components in ignition system? Your posts from a year ago indicate mixed up parts. Wrong sta
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Parting our previous rebuilt 1953 1/2 ton 3100 by GaChev3100 @ Today at 02:30 PM

Parting out a previously 90% restored 1953 Chevrolet 3100. These parts are all in complete working order. Some are in better condition than others because the vehicle was not fully restored. Engine and driver-train were fully restored and truck conv
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Rear axle questions - which one do I have? by mechanic58 @ Today at 02:28 PM

Upon further investigation it looks like my truck probably has an H110. Doesn't appear to be a whole lot of good, organized information about these axles online.
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: New fuel guage pegs by Deve @ Today at 02:27 PM

Yeah, I haven't had recurring problems with Classic. I even use their part numbers in my How-To articles. But I am flabbergasted at how a fuel gauge can point straight down from its mounted position and be okay.. so to your point.. go back to your b
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Burning Fan Belt- '52 3100 by SmallBlockHead @ Today at 02:09 PM

Mike. You are correct there is no pwr steering pump/pulley. There is nothing anywhere near the pulleys to come in contact with the belt. The glazing is occurring on the tapered sides where the belt contacts the pulley. The top of the belt and bottom
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->