The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Something NEW for the Bolters!

proudly announcing...

HEI for your 216/235/261 Stock Distributor!

Kits are easy to install and do no harm to your vintage distributor.

The entire kit instructions are available at:

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
2015 Calendars!
12 months of GMC Stovebolts

There are over 10 to choose from.

Check for details!

Who's Online
39 registered (55_2nd_Series, 485WINDO, 2-Ton, 7998, 55mater, 1Plowboy, 1 invisible), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
37,234 Registered Members
46 Forums
98,139 Topics
750,355 Posts

Most users ever online: 399 @ Wed Apr 09 2014 10:26 PM
Today's Birthdays
blackie, MJD, ove, Panhead59, Poncho_Villa, pte359, simon61, Subversive, wannabetruckguy
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: stock back up light switch options? by jorb @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By jorbJust have to figure out where to put the back-up light. This would be a good place to put the Panel Truck Tail Light Would have to change the lens from red to clear though.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Rim color? by Peter_H @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Mine are semi-gloss powder coat. I asked the same question at the time but, after all is said and done, I don't know that it makes that much difference. I used to anguish over the details but, here where I am, no one knows the difference and they all
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Rim color? by marzach @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

** I can attest to the fact the rim color on a new 53 custom cab{my dad purchased new} had black wheels same as the running boards.
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: WTB, 54-55.1 GMC glove box door by jorb @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

You could try here: 160 Million Car - Parts http://www.car-part.com/ These GUYS list thier parts on the above site.
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: stock back up light switch options? by jorb @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By LONGBOX55A setup like this would be easier. This is how the factory setup was done on the '55-'59. The switch itself is the same as the 3 speed and Hydramatic, only difference is the mounting bracket and the activation lever.
STOVEBOLT REUNION - KANSAS CITY
Jump to new posts Re: T-shirts? by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Peggy, put me in for a XX Large. I'll send money if things don't work out. I think you have my address....and my number
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Headlight Switch by jorb @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

I forgot about this stuff, NO-OX-ID "A-SPECIAL http://www.sanchem.com/electrical-contact-lubricant.html It is not a liquid but more like grease. I think you can warm it up to Liquify it, then bruch a thin coat onto the switch, for long last oper
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: suburban rear by LONGBOX55 @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Given the ratio that's in it, and that it's a Posi, I'm thinking it might be a Spicer, which was used in GMCs. Some late '60s and early '70s Chevrolets with the 396/402 also used Spicers with that ratio. I guess what I mean is not so much that it mig
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Cab Swap Compatibility Question by chevman @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Sorry.... Let me put it another way.. will a 48 GMC half ton cab swap with a 49 Chevy 1 1/2 ton cab? Thanks,
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: alternator/hydraulic pump by 51chris @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

working on a chevy coe 51. putting in a downdraft carb. hey thanks for the replies. Ill do more research and engineering and see what i come up with chris
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Headlight Switch by jorb @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

This stuff works pretty good. DeoxIT, #D5S-6 http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1602/.f I would call them and tell them what you have. They might have a product that will match your application for a longer lasting lubricating effect. The stuff I lis
Daily Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Best shocks for 57-3100 by bartamos @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Plenty good for your truck. All made in the same Chinese factory. http://www.classicparts.com/1957-59-Shock-Absorber-Front/productinfo/74-625/#.Vd_AnOmFM5s ACDelco-520300 Gabriel 82047 If you want KYB they should be able to cross.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Clifford intake heat? by dtwbcs @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

"designed for water" If I went with water- read tap the t-stat housing and line that goes to water pump from heater
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Clifford intake heat? by dtwbcs @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Since I am already changing to headers and this intake; just not sure what the Cliff intake was designed for? You know , water or exhaust. If I went with exhaust I read it would mess with the ex sound? Thinking that the ex heat would be easier since
Trucks for Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 1941 Chevy Business Coupe Project by 55_2nd_Series @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

SOLD !!!
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: suburban rear by olememphis51 @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Thankyou jorb.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: suburban rear by jorb @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By olememphis51Longbox, I can get some pics but have to figure out how to post them. Am kind of surprised this might not be a chevy rear. You have to upload your photos to a photo sharing site. Then past a link to the photos in your
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: stock back up light switch options? by LONGBOX55 @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

A setup like this would be easier. This is how the factory setup was done on the '55-'59. The switch itself is the same as the 3 speed and Hydramatic, only difference is the mounting bracket and the activation lever.
Daily Drivers
Jump to new posts Best shocks for 57-3100 by Kevin1957 @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Hi, I am looking for some input about shocks for my truck. It is totally stock and I want to buy the best shock I can. I am looking at KYB but I don't see a front shock for this truck. Any thoughts. Thanks Kevin
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: suburban rear by olememphis51 @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By LONGBOX55I think I see where you got mixed up, the 3.55 listing is for an R10. That would be a Corvair 95. jorb, I really only checked Trucks, and skipped the El Camino since its driveline is Passenger and does not interchange. O
The Electrical Bay
Gail is telling you the normal Chevy wire colors to wire gauge/sender per post 1120612 above. Regarding the hot lead or + lead to gauge: I would wire from "ON" terminal on ignition switch to gauge fuse, than back to gauge. The ignition swi
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Headlight Switch by tinnerjohn @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

The switch on my 51 3104 works but is stiff. (Kinda like the owners knees, and they are 6 years newer!) Is there a way to lube this? John
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Clifford intake heat? by tclederman @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

This is similar to a question regarding the one true religion. I think it does not matter which you use. You should use some form of heat. I think the Clifford intake actually circulates the heat source, if that is correct, water is most likely wh
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: GMC 630 front brake parts by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Good news- - - - -at least the first two wheel cylinders are rebuildable! Nasty, gunked up, and in need of a little honing, but nothing drastic like a sleeve job seems to be necessary. Now all I need to do is find some 1 3/8" wheel cylinder cu
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: stock back up light switch options? by tinnerjohn @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

I was thinking about this same subject tonight as I was backing in my drive. The toggle switch will be my choice, but uncertain on appropriate lights that won't look like the WallyWorld trailer lights my 51 had when I bought it.John
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->