The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
American Classic
Truck Parts

Fall is here!

Irwin A with a tip for engine swap

The last of the shows will soon be only digital pictures and fond memories. If you are getting your Bolt ready for some last cruises, or just thinking about putting her up for winter, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
28 registered (arustycars639, 52Carl, 55_2nd_Series, 2-Ton, 52 Chevy 1 ton, 2 invisible), 373 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,838 Registered Members
47 Forums
102,870 Topics
800,369 Posts

Most users ever online: 910 @ Sat Sep 10 2016 09:53 PM
Today's Birthdays
desert, Marcia, mark spooner, speed5105, Stepside_Sterba, USAbison
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Electric Fuel pump by bartamos @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

3-5 is better. If it's adjustable, 4 would be good. 6 could be OK if the float has high "buoyance", like Beyoncé does. OOps I was typing/checking web while Tim responded. His info is 3.5-4.5 and has a source to back it up. Good post Tim, a
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: tilt steering column by 40_chevy @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

If you want a factory GM column instead of aftermarket, the 79-80 chev / gm van is a tilt column that happens to not have a key in the column (key stays on the dash)
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts 1947-54 Rear suburban/panel spash panel w/ mounting brackets by youngrodder @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

For sale. 1947-54 panel or suburban REAR splash panel with(4) mounting brackets. Item located in Michigan 49088. No rust of rot. Great condition for a hard to find part. E-mail me for pics marcand66@hotmail.com Price $285 (plus shipping). Thanks Ma
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Electric Fuel pump by tclederman @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

That should be OK with an original spec carburetor.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Oversize King pin installation q? by tclederman @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

What year, Tom 47-59 1/2 ton used floating bushings and fitted pins - no reaming If the pin is loose in the axle, you might be able to ream/drill the axle for an oversize pin. If the outside of the bushings are loose in the spindles, bad luck. Wi
Truck Parts For Sale
Email me for pics of this bed. altemus4@gmail.com This bed is really rough. So the price is cheap. $150 for everything but the tailgate. The DS of the bed looks to be in OK shape. Includes cross rails but the condition of the cross rails is unknown
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Windshield rubber on '51 3100, 2 questions by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

...I hope you have an extra set of hands doing this. They help a lot. I didn't have much trouble with the rope but as Carl52 mentioned I did have a booger of time with the stainless trim.
Driveline
Jump to new posts SM 319 Overdrive. by cletis @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

This thread was started so I could move the posts above. Yes, the '57 tranny is the one you need. You'll need the side cover for the shifters from a '54 and older tranny. The ideal rear end is the '55 first series truck rear end assembly. The spr
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: How about a 2:41 gear with 700r4 by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Thanks guys. I am running the 3.73 in my pickup and was hoping this rear emd had the same ratio but no luck. Don't ask me why I want to pull the 3.38 out of the panel...its a lonooong story! ....oh well, The 3.38 is dong a fine job and rpms are good
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: 1960 Chevy still working..... by Iron Clad @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Well, sorry folks......It seems I'm having trouble posting a link to a picture.....Hello anyway!!
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: Shortening wheelbase on 1951 SRW 1 ton. by EdPruss @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Depending on the crossmember spacing, sometimes is is more appropriate to cut a piece out of the frame and weld it back together with appropriate doublers than cut a piece out of the back and just move the hangers fwd. Ed
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: 1953 3100 Pannel Truck What to do? by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

BudRod, should probably move this to the Driveline Forum but I'll say this..... the torque tube can be pulled out and a rear end up thru 1962 will bolt into the original housing. I used a 1959 pumpkin but the 3.90 rear end was to low for me as I'm ru
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 58 Viking wheels needed 22.5 x9 one piece tubeless by txpete @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Thanks jp My truck came from platte co Kansas. I wish I had time to do a for some leads on some used wheels for now. Great idea... truck swap like you did. Still at a mega full time job so just lookin to buy replacement wheels I've read to much
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: 1960 Chevy still working..... by Iron Clad @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Oops.....That link didn't work Let me see what I can do....
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts 1960 Chevy still working..... by Iron Clad @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Hello folks!! It's been a long time since I've been on here. Just a crazy busy life. Still have the same old trucks and they're running good! Thought I would upload a picture of the 1960 still working on the ranch.....
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Oversize King pin installation q? by tom moore @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Need to install new King pins in my 1/2 ton. Std size bushings are loose in the spindles. I believe these should press fit into the spindles. Thinking of .010 pins and bushings - if the bushing outer diameter is oversized. Has someone used the ov
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Windshield rubber on '51 3100, 2 questions by MNSmith @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Hmm. I didn't have that much of a problem. I just reinstalled my windshield a couple of weeks ago. One side I used 1/4" rope, the other side I used #12 automotive wire. I didn't slide in the rope, I just peeled back the rubber flap a little
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 261 oil bath air cleaners for sale by ryanz @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

sent 2 pics
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: 1953 3100 Pannel Truck What to do? by Bud Rod @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Alvin and Cletis, Thank you for your input. Couple of questions. Cletis will a 1957 three on the tree overdrive trans that was on a V8 bolt up to my six? Was at a car show and found a guy that took it out to install 4speed. You did this with your c
Big Bolts
I believe some of the mid 70's Ford trucks have the same pattern. (F600 does)
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: Hi from Canada by 69Cuda @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Hi, welcome to the site!
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: New Member by 69Cuda @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

welcome to the site!
Driveline
IF I read correctly, my opinion is that will only work if bracket is clamped up and in; and all holes are line drilled. Otherwise the tolerances of many holes on two planes will not allow it. In other words, you can not drill holes in each piece sepa
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 261 oil bath air cleaners for sale by ryanz @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

sent 2 pics
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy 55 2nd Series front leaf spring frame bracket problem. by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Use shouldered Allen bolts and ream the holes for a fit that's just shy of being pressed into place. Just drilling the holes oversize to get them round won't be rigid enough to prevent them from wobbling out again. Hot-set rivets would be the best
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->