The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
12th Annual Stovebolt Reunion

COME TO
KANSAS CITY

for the

12th Annual Stovebolt Reunion

at the

Midwest All Truck Nationals

September 9, 10 & 11

We have an entire forum with lots of details.

Another great turnout expected!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
11 registered (Denny Graham, CASO, jonnyenglish, Jimbo47, cletis, 1 invisible), 168 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,745 Registered Members
47 Forums
102,517 Topics
797,047 Posts

Most users ever online: 585 @ Sun Jun 05 2016 05:52 PM
Today's Birthdays
Frog, Johnny-B-Bad, Perry, ridenlow53, softwaresys, weasle, Yeagley, zardoz
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between 55.2 and 59 cab? by Mike B @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

The seat is as far back as it will go in it's factory stock location. The top of the seat back is just about 1/2" away from hitting the back of the cab. If you change the angle of the seat back to being more vertical I guess you could get more
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendation for wiper motor rebuild service by miraclepieco @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Ficken Wiper, Babylon NY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ofap9HWGDQ
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: exhaust system by jimbo 24 @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

i just want to buy one and try to do it myself instead of waiting 6-8 wks.
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: exhaust system by jimbo 24 @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

i don't see anything on the forum about exhaust systems for trucks
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: Gauge assembly? by ndkid275 @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Any ideas on how to compress it? I don't have the luxury of using a gasket that was in pieces. Maybe put objects on it to gradually squish it?
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: What do you call it? by miraclepieco @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

I used ABS truck mudflap, trimmed to fit. Durable, waterproof, works perfectly for a driver, not appropriate for a restoration.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: 41-46 1/2 ton bumper bracket part # ID by 46Sparky @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

I have a new set of repop front bumper brackets I bought a few years ago that will be used on my project. If it will help I can take some pics and email them to you in the next day or two. Send me a PM with your email address, if you want the pics
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Engine knock! It didn't do it before... by RodGuyinCO @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Dusty: I'll try to get out there tomorrow and check the push rods. Better to start simple first... Hotrod Lincoln: Yeah, you have a great idea there regarding the start fluid. Do you really think I hammered a rod ? Oh, man, I hope not, but thanks,
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: inside door lever mechanism 1951 3100 by miraclepieco @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

Same predicament for me: one door has the push-style door remote mechanism, the other has the pull style. I actually prefer the push style because it fits into the stamped door recess without spacers or interference with the door panel. Reproductions
The DITY Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: A little moving around here by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Be sure to keep Howard running or he may get jealous. We all know what happens when they sit and are not started or the brakes used a little along the way! I think Howard Knapp and I must be distant cousins or something since I worry about him!!
The DITY Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: 34 gmc COE T-73 by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Whoa, Brandon, man you have got my attention. Again, welcome to the Stovebolt and let us know how we can help. Be sure to start a "build thread" in the DIY Forum which is a sub forum of the welcome centre. I/We definitely want to follow al
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: Windshield wiper CLUNK CLUNK by Ssrjim @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

It takes a lot of trial and error. If you close there is some adjustment in the bottom bolt.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts 41-46 raw steel upper and lower grill by 42465967 @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

Has anyone purchased a raw steel grill from Scott's Super trucks in Alberta? Any problems?
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: 54 3100 panel by Justhorsenround @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Check with Mar-K out of OKC. There is a link on the links page.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: SM318 Tailshaft Housing removal by Pre '68 Dave @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

The housing will pull off once the snap ring is expanded, but you risk loosing the roller bearings at the front of the shaft if you pull the shaft back to much. 1/2" is likely to be to much. I would at the very least pull the side cover so you c
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: '53 wiring harness install- pics/drawings etc? by JiMerit Boltr#43 @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Got some great info from Deve, many thanks
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between 55.2 and 59 cab? by FootStomper @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By 69CudaI looked at putting my 55 wheel in my 58 but decided it was not going to work, I think that made the bottom of the wheel way too close to my thighs if I recall. Good point! At the risk of turning this into another gas t
Events, GABFests, Happenings!
Jump to new posts Blackhawk Museum Cars and Coffee, in CA by Rustoholic @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Hi all, The Blackhawk Car Museum (in Danville, CA) is an outstanding museum! They display all their vehicles as works of art. On the first Sunday of every month, they draw a LOT of collector cars to their Cars and Coffee event. I am driving my '28
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: SM318 Tailshaft Housing removal by swenracer @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Hello Fred, I really appreciate the feedback. One last question... if I remove the snap ring for the bearing, will the tail housing come off? I've found that I can access the snap ring without disturbing the trans. Here's a photo. Snap Ring
The Tool Chest
Jump to new posts Exhaust pipe bender by Maybellene @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

I thought I'd experiment with a HF 12 ton pipe bender over the weekend to see how it would work on an exhaust system for a 261 that I am building for my '57 with a split manifold. The reviews I read on the HF website said that it doesn't work well on
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: how I done a lever shock repair by beltfed @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

The guys over on an original car forum use jack oil.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: 41-46 1/2 ton bumper bracket part # ID by 42465967 @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Another question -- are you talking about the front cast brackets that are riveted in the frame or the brackets that bolted to the bumper? I cannot find numbers on either but tomorrow I will be removing a pair from a front bumper off of a 46 3/
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: 41-46 1/2 ton bumper bracket part # ID by Perro @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

just looked I have two sets of brackets one has I think it 239-241 & 240-242 some are in the front some are in the back
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: 41-46 1/2 ton bumper bracket part # ID by 42465967 @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Are those stamped numbers on the side facing the bumper?
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: GMC 9700, Chev 1100 by wetwilly5757 @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

Not sure,but I'd guess that the cab roof height isn't more than 6'4''.-(Depending on tire size) From bumper to rear frame rail,it was 20'. That was a '55 6500.Hope this helps.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->