The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
American Classic
Truck Parts

Fall is here!

Irwin A with a tip for engine swap

The last of the shows will soon be only digital pictures and fond memories. If you are getting your Bolt ready for some last cruises, or just thinking about putting her up for winter, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
38 registered (BC59, 55 SHAKER, 1956bs, 53Movinon, 2-Ton, 1951Chevy1Ton, 1 invisible), 595 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
39,429 Registered Members
48 Forums
105,487 Topics
821,617 Posts

Most users ever online: 910 @ Sat Sep 10 2016 09:53 PM
Today's Birthdays
ArtBee, doc41, dudeharms, Fahrbach51, fredstev, LaserElvis, Nate b, nate56, SHADEY, skatelonger, toms66
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: '55-'59 bed wood by cletis @ Today at 10:47 AM

Pic sent to the email in your profile. Thanks, Charlie
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: bolt part numbers by bartamos @ Today at 10:47 AM

With all due respect and in the interest of honesty and learning....If you want to know the size of something in a coffee can of bolts , you measure it. Get a pair of calipers and a thread gauge so you can measure. I'm not sure if you really need to
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: One Wire Alt Conversion by 1965t5 @ Today at 10:25 AM

Thank you all for the comments - this helps alot
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Tail lamp wiring by 1965t5 @ Today at 10:24 AM

1950 Chevy 3100 series - Does anyone have pictures that show how the wiring should be routed from tail lamp to under truck? I was going to use the chromed wire loom cover but it doesnt look to have any means of actually attaching to the lamp body an
The Engine Shop
I had a philosophical discussion with a mechanic friend one night at the bar. I was telling him about the mismatched sun rotted, pulled this one of the suzuki, steel showing through on that one set of tires we put on a horse trailer. My friend had a
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Value in a torque plate? by Hookalatch @ Today at 10:03 AM

I agree about not using the electric water pump. I used them for years in my drag race cars. The biggest advantage is you can continue to circulate water with the engine off to cool down between runs.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: SM420 Backup Light Switch by Nuts&Bolts @ Today at 09:55 AM

42 That's with the caliper resting on the flat. I checked the clearance and it is close but workable. However my truck has a modified auto trans floor panel. The housing is 0.260 thick at this point and you will need to grind about 1/16 to get the s
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Reassembly by Hambone @ Today at 09:51 AM

I have been listening, but the boy has to be retrieved from blacksburg on sat. That is a 12 hr day no matter how we slice it.
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: bolt part numbers by MNSmith @ Today at 09:42 AM

You'll mostly have 1/4-20's, 5/16-18's and 3/8-16's. Except for the door hinges on the door itself which will be 3/8-24.
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: electric power steering on a 53 1/2 T by Justhorsenround @ Today at 09:40 AM

Steve, write up a detailed tech tip and submit it to the Editor. That way it will help everyone wanting to do this conversion.
The Engine Shop
Grandpa's gonna do what Grandpa wants to do. That's just how we Grandpas are. When he pulls it with the loader and it fires up he will look at you with that "I told you it would" grin on his face and you will never hear the end of the story
The Engine Shop
This, is the philosophical approach I want to take. Grandpa wants to drive to town tomorrow. I did drain the fuel tanks, and as far as I know there are no full cans around. We dumped them all in the last project. Originally Posted By bartamos1. Got
The Engine Shop
Too reasonable at $1700............because we all pretty much agree parts alone should be somewhere from $900- $2000. $1700 might work if they just clean up everything and do valve job and rings and reuse bearing, pistons, valves etc.
Truck Parts Wanted
Looking for the 3 hole end covers with the FILL PORTS and fill port plugs for single action Delco Lovejoy shock absorbers. Need right and left hand sides. Let me know if you have these with PRICE and SHIPPING. Tim
The Engine Shop
Great, you got movement. Good story line too, enjoying the read. Shame I quit drank'n the devils juice on a regular basis yrs ago but, I'll enjoy a small celebratory nip of good ole TN sourmash in honor of your success. For medicinal purposes of cou
The Engine Shop
Great thread! Just found this and enjoyed the read with a early cup of coffee. Congratulations all around for sure. My bet is that with the progress you've just made, it'll be running very soon. Don't take this as advise, but as soon as I had easy
Rocky Mountain Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Denver/Colorado Bolters by EdPruss @ Today at 08:32 AM

I am in Longmont. Ed
Rocky Mountain Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a 235 in denver area... by EdPruss @ Today at 08:31 AM

Any interest in a 261? Ed
Panels 'N Burbs
Jump to new posts 47 Advanced design Barn door replacement hinges by Steve1953 @ Today at 07:36 AM

Hello, Looking for the . . . Thanks for any information. "Please post a parts wanted ad in the Swap Meet - there are no reproduction hinges available."
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Reassembly by John Milliman @ Today at 07:21 AM

Chris, I'd love to help but unfortunately, I have commitments that keep me pretty close to the farm these days.. The early Spring may have the others similarly occupied? Regards, John
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: bolt part numbers by Brian_Davis_1 @ Today at 12:46 AM

Thanks for the info. This has turned into a 7 going on 8 year project. Is there any way to use the part numbers out of the assembly manual to tell me what size these bolts might be? Ive tried the master parts catalog but it seems to be based on the c
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: bolt part numbers by Brian_Davis_1 @ Today at 12:43 AM

Thanks for making me feel better. Lol at least I'm not alone in making this mistake.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Got the bus home by fclaridge @ Today at 12:18 AM

Well I still need to put the trim on the side. The colors will be flat black sides with red trim, grill and bumpers. The roof will be white along with the wheels. Interior wild be black upholstery with red piping, black steering wheel with red leathe
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: bolt part numbers by bartamos @ Today at 12:04 AM

Been there, done that. Wire wheel all of them nice and clean. Chase all the threaded holes and nuts. Chase all the bolt threads. Sort them by thread size, length and head style/head markings. This will show you the quantity of each. That's the key.
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts electric power steering on a 53 1/2 T by sps @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Well about a year ago I posted that I was going to try this on my 53 half T.. Well it worked. It took a lot of work and design. First I took a 94 chevy tilt column and grafted an 06 equinox electric pump to it. I went on E bay and bought the electric
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->