The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!
Happy New Year

Ring in the new year with some quality time with your old truck! Now is a great time to tackle a winter project. If you do not have access to your truck, start your parts list for spring!

The days are officially getting longer now, you know!

American Classic Truck Parts still offers a 10% discount to Stovebolters for items in stock.

Keep Warm!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
2016 Calendars!
12 months of Stovebolts

We have seven 2016 calendars (two all new) in the Hoo-ya Shoppe and we are working on more.

Check for details!

Who's Online
37 registered (55 SHAKER, 2ton46, 2-Ton, 66flea, 1951Chevy1Ton, 52_Ton, 2 invisible), 172 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
37,952 Registered Members
47 Forums
99,339 Topics
770,391 Posts

Most users ever online: 509 @ Thu Nov 12 2015 04:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
banditosmith, deedubya, Metallicamaro
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by cletis @ Today at 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By sal morenoOn these after market tail lights it has a black and green wire which is the tail lights and which is the stop lights ? There is no way of determining that by looking at the color of the wires. Using a hot wire touc
Freebies
Jump to new posts Re: Classic truck magazines by Alaska gasser @ Today at 01:25 AM

Thanks for the info. I did not know about being able to send them to fellow car addicts across the world, so that is where they are headed.
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by sal moreno @ Today at 12:54 AM

On these after market tail lights it has a black and green wire which is the tail lights and which is the stop lights ?
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Continental Motor by Uncle Brad @ Today at 12:53 AM

I'll ask around the Flywheeler club. I put "Wrench Fetcher PhD" as a signature for a reason; I help out on a lot of old engine work, but I am no where near an expert on them. I also may be mistaken, but I'm thinking that the U6501 6cyl was
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts 1953 chevrolet - bench seat and fuel tank removal? by Woogeroo @ Today at 12:44 AM

1953 Chevrolet 3100 Series Hi. seat removal? I've looked and looked at the bench seat, popped the bottom cushion out to take a look at things... I see some bolts that seem to mount to the slider track, is that how the seat comes off and out? tank
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 54 vented valve cover? Impulse buy by WHO, ME ? @ Today at 12:43 AM

Good stuff all.....my almost 90 year old uncle maintains that us " kids" think we need to adjust valves just for something to do ha ha. He says that he worked on many a 216 and early 235 engines with solid lifters and they went over 100k m
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 235 to 265 conversion issues by Cablesmill @ Today at 12:37 AM

MikeB is right......you might find one of them on eBay, but there are repops. I've seen 60-70's ignition switches used, but they just don't look as good as the original one (my opinion).
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Tow truck by spanky @ Today at 12:14 AM

I have a Holmes Manual on how to install a Holmes model W35, but not a 460. Probably not much difference. My experience removing several 515, 525, W35, & W45 units from trucks, they most always had a wooden runner, or blocks between the top of th
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Tow truck by spanky @ Today at 12:05 AM

RK2 1588- R = 460 Speed King, K = November, 2 = 1952, 1588 = unit number. The first Holmes 460 Speed King was Serial No. RG8 500, and was built July, 1948. The last 460 Speed King was Serial Number RD8 3680, and was built April, 1958. The service bod
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Tow truck by glend @ Today at 12:04 AM

Thank you spanky, that's great info. Do you have a picture showing how the body and the boom mast mounts to the frame. I have been searching for hours and can't find anything. I need to fit this to the truck before I start getting it ready for paint
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Any wiring advice or tips? by pdlightning @ Today at 12:01 AM

Always good to ask. First follow the instructions, then ask the experts. I am getting ready to do the same to my 51 GMC. Good luck.
The Whole Wild West Coast
Jump to new posts Re: How many in the Seattle area? by fosters51deluxe5 @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

In federal way near the NE Tacoma area. Doing a frame up restore on a 51 5 window with a 261, t5, and 1955.1 rear end.
The Electrical Bay
Don't discourage her, hang it up for her, it's only a couple holes to repair if she gets tired of it. Who knows what lifelong memories she will get because of it! Keeps you both close with your projects...that's a great thing! Mike B
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Tow truck by spanky @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

RK2 1588- R=460 Speed King, K=November, 2= 1952, 1588= unit number. the first Holmes 460 Speed King was Serial no. RG8 500, and was built July, 1948. the last 460 Speed King was serial number RD8 3680, and was built April, 1958. The service body was
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by sal moreno @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Ok Thxs
Truck Parts Wanted
Originally Posted By jerryschevypartsTry Mongo@mongosgarage.com Steve has several of these trucks Thanks Jerry I just sent an email to Steve. We will see if he has any. Thanks Jerry. James
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Continental Motor by Roy Rodgers @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

1940 or 1941. Holabird Pumper built by the U.S. Army. Has an overhead valve Continental 6 cylinder engine that parts are apparently unavailable for. I can have a head gasket made from the old one. But I need main bearings and rod bearing .020 under
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by Mike B @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

The "ground" Cletis is talking about is Chassis Ground, not that your switch legs are grounded. Check the bolt connections at the taillight housing, brackets, etc. You could have the bulb filaments wired backwards. That would have the br
Panels 'N Burbs
Jump to new posts Re: 41 Panel by lc34 @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

sport55 --I just redone my 46 panel barn door latch and rods. look up my profile and get my e-mail--"send a email". Ill send some pics and notes -----( lc34 )
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by sal moreno @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Does it get grounded at the turn signal switch
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by sal moreno @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Where would those wires be grounded too
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: What is my Engine? by Mike B @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Casey, Truck rear 3rd members (pumpkins) are not universal. If the GMC rear has electric shift it's more than likely an Eaton, the rear in your truck is a Corporate GM rear, not the same. Taking the rear out of a junk yard truck without knowing th
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts primer color by homer52 @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Is primer color a consideration? If I am going to paint dark green would a dark or black primer be better than a light gray primer? Dave
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Tail lights by cletis @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

The difference should be obvious. You may have a grounding problem.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: My T5 conversion by wolffcub @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

I was also wondering about the third mounting location. Has anyone actually cracked a trans housing yet?
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->