The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Supporting the Site

C E L E B R A T E

the holidays

R A F F L E

A deal offered by Mar-K as we all head into summer.

Check for the details!

Or got a question

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
43 registered (1951Chevy1Ton, 2-Ton, 65chevyc10, 3B, 1934Chevrolet, 46sask), 293 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,608 Registered Members
47 Forums
101,971 Topics
792,873 Posts

Most users ever online: 585 @ Sun Jun 05 2016 05:52 PM
Today's Birthdays
old stovebolter, Random1111, robert d, rodewit, rodewit4, RustedHonor
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Wiring a starter with a foot switch by Cablesmill @ Today at 12:32 AM

Loose wire......wire on wrong stud?
Doors
Jump to new posts Re: more on doors by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

I just put my doors back on my '49 at the paint shop for final fitment. I already did this months ago, but had to fight them tooth and nail today. We had a bad bow at the railing edge in one door, but my body man beat it into shape with a big rubber
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: How To Remove Front Drums on 1937 Chevy 1/2 Ton by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I have a 37 shop manual but you'll have to shoot me a PM tomorrow so I don't forget to look..... just in case their is a tip in the book that is worth knowing.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Driveline Hum/Vibration by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

The vibration could also be from a worn transmission output shaft bushing.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: How To Remove Front Drums on 1937 Chevy 1/2 Ton by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

I realize that yours is a '37, but the '48-'51 Truck Shop Manual says to torque to 33 ft lbs, then back off 1/6 of a turn until the cotter pin will go through one of the two holes in the spindle. I don't have any idea if that would be what is called
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: PVC and Vacumme wipers can I have both? by Nhluvstruck @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By WHO, ME ?What's the best way to lube the wiper motor? Did you attatch both lines to a two port fitting? You can spray silicone in the inlet port while it's running ...or disassemble it and lube with Vaseline, etc. The line routi
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Thermostat temperatures by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Does anyone have a 216/235 with a 165 degree thermostat which does not reach 180 degrees on the gauge once its warmed up? Carl
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: 1948 Big Bolt and I think I've lost my mind... by Rich'sToys @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Welcome to the Bolt! And congratulations on the Big Bolt. As I've always said, anyone can have a pickup!! Lots of good info over in the Big Bolt forum. Will look forward to seeing pictures at some point.
General Truck Talk
Thanks, Carl. As a retired journeyman Ironworker, welding instructor, shop fitter/welder and fabricator myself, I think I can handle it. Plus, I'm also sure the company that builds these wouldn't sell anything to bolters that didn't work in the first
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: 51 Chevy 3100 Front 6 lug disc conversion questions by Nhluvstruck @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

You will also need the correct disc/drum proportioning valve and residual pressure valve.
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: 1948 Big Bolt and I think I've lost my mind... by joker @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

big welcome from Tx, enjoy the ride.. would love to see pix of your collection..
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: '57 235 hydraulic lifter adjustment by Flxible @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

somehow the engine may have been changed in the last 57 years, have you checked the numbers on it? or maybe it's also got a hydramatic trans? Bill
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: 1948 Big Bolt and I think I've lost my mind... by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Micah, can't seem to get the link to work? Says I need to sign in to flickr. That's a nice story on the truck....and great news with all that help you have around! Just having someone to hand you things is a tremendous help so you don't have to get u
Truck Parts Wanted
it's illegal in BC [or most anywhere in N America] to use registrations that don't originally belong to a vehicle .... and dealing in such is discouraged here at the 'Bolt .... unless of course you're just "collecting paper"
The Whole Wild West Coast
Hey big red Good to know a good shop; I'm in quartz Hill
Truck Parts Wanted
57-59 column shift linkage is the same for I6 or V8 Bill
The Southern Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Car Show/Cruise In - N. GA/N. Atlanta- May 1st by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Micah, don't worry about it. Just visit the bolt often and we'll keep you up to speed as well as help you on your truck. Its never, never, never too late!
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: 1948 Big Bolt and I think I've lost my mind... by 1953 panel @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Welcome Micah, lots of those big trucks here, you should fit right in. Be sure to check out the big bolts. Be sure to have the teenagers help you out. Good luck. Leo
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: '57 235 hydraulic lifter adjustment by Biglou @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Somehow my 59' truck motor has hydro lifters
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: Small Block Fit In 1961 2 ton Chevy Or GMC Truck? by OldWolf @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Ive swapped the V6 out and put in small block chevys. Use 63 thru 66 side frame mounts. and with a auto trans remove the bellhousing mount crossmember and install a rear transmission mount crossmember. your changing from a 4 point mounting to a thr
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted: U-joint for 1942 1/2 ton with 4 speed. by Lightholder's Dad @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

George, I contacted Bruce but he did not have the part. Thanks for the contact info, anyway. Harold, I will take your advice and try the local NAPA. I would be interested in even a used part, after all, the whole truck is used, so that would be OK.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Engine Is This by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

"They have offered me that engine instead of my rebuilding my 1954 235." Sounds fishy to me. How well do you know the owner of the shop?
The Southern Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Car Show/Cruise In - N. GA/N. Atlanta- May 1st by Micah @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

I guess that this was a day late and a dollar short as the saying goes. I would have loved to have made the drive up to meet some folks. Maybe next time... I'm still getting my feet wet with this truck so I'll be around a while yet. :)
Project Journals
I am experiencing the "Domino Effect". Make only ONE change and it causes a chain reaction requiring multiple other changes that need to be made too. Here's one example: Install front disc brakes . . . . . . . .so now I need to add a powe
Truck Parts Wanted
The one I am thinking of is a inline 6 half ton. still has engine and tranny in it. He has several.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->