The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
American Classic
Truck Parts

Fall is here!

Irwin A with a tip for engine swap

The last of the shows will soon be only digital pictures and fond memories. If you are getting your Bolt ready for some last cruises, or just thinking about putting her up for winter, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
3 registered (jacksont, Super55, 1 invisible), 433 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
39,267 Registered Members
48 Forums
104,774 Topics
816,155 Posts

Most users ever online: 910 @ Sat Sep 10 2016 09:53 PM
Today's Birthdays
1 Dollar, aerotruk63, GTA Scott, mb53, Norman Meloche, pauldumont, rscott, steven simpson, thor
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: Power steering sector by Justhorsenround @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Bartamos thanks for the links.
Driveline
Jump to new posts 40 1 1/2T. Four speed ID by Mcatt @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

What is the model or designation for the four speed non syncro 4 speed used prior to the SM420? Would like to find gaskets, seals etc. Thanks in advance
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by CAJUN CRAW FISH @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

These are the optional tubeless replacements if you choose not to cut the centers out of an old RH5 http://s226.photobucket.com/user/46cabover/media/133B33C6-3CC6-42A8-ADCA-7C499111E0B1_1%201.jpg.html http://s226.photobucket.com/user/46cabover/media/
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: Power steering sector by bartamos @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Martin: The kits are some mounting plates. Specifically for 60-66. They recommend a 68-76 box probably because they are SAE, not metric and the rag will work. They recommend a 67-72 Pitman arm. Pumps from the same era 68-76, and maybe others, would
Driveline
Jump to new posts Major steering issue by F*C @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

I was driving my 59 Apache home from work tonight and noticed that my steering wheel felt like it had a lot less resistance than normal, almost sloppy. I thought maybe the lash adjustment had backed out somehow. I checked it when I got home and the
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 194 230 250 292 parts for sale by ESum @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Thanks one of the 2 I have is broke at front instead of back. I guess I will use it for now.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: No Brakes, No Fun by txpete @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Thanks Gene I'm fixing to get off into my own brake issues I'll check with rock auto
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Front end/grill by ndkid275 @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Fox, if I wanted easy, I would have picked a gmc. I wanted better looking, so I accepted more of a challenge. 😂
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Need something to haul. by ndkid275 @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Figured you would be bringing an engine this way ( no I don't need one yet) and towing your truck!
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by CAJUN CRAW FISH @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

$325 each to cut the centers out of the RH5 and weld them into a 22.5" rim. (tubeless)
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by CAJUN CRAW FISH @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Yea these are supposed to be correct for my old ford. Sales man took a picture and emailed me. But they look more like the bolt pattern for my old Studebaker 2r16
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Proper Brake Adjusting by Grigg @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

I've followed the manual as stated for my GMC 1 ton and that worked great. Also as mentioned you may need to adjust a little more if they drag. Good to check the drums for heat after a drive (not much stopping) and adjust any that are warm.
eBay and Craiglists Links
Jump to new posts Re: 1949 Chevrolet 3800 by Yelostn78 @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

I love my 4400. It's worth it's weight in gold around the farm.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by Grigg @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

They look a little strange, and large bolt holes.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts 1958 viking60 brake bleeding by txpete @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Can one use vacuum brake bleeding technique to bleed brakes on '58 Viking two ton grain truck.? I'm getting conflicting info on what order to do wheels. Also there is a bleed valve a few inches from hydrovac unit. Should I vacuum bleed there first.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by CAJUN CRAW FISH @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

These are for a different truck not my old Chevy. I don't think they look to bad though.
Jump to new posts Re: 1949 Chevrolet 3800 by 32vld @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Only if it was a LWB 2 ton or even a LWB 1.5 ton. Jeffrey
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 90 MPH Speedometer by MtneerMike @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

I may have found one however i will pm you my email
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: mysterious 235 behaviour by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Factory Rebuilt Carburetor I'll make a pretty large wager you have an incorrect carb for the 235 engine. If it happens to be calibrated for a 216 instead of a 235, it will run very rich, and if the power valve happens to be stuck in the open positi
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a vacuum switch by Casey_58 @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/stovebl...?sort=9&o=1 It is the first 2 pictures.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by 69Cuda @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

looking at the chamfer on the bolt holes, they almost look like stud piloted wheels.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: mysterious 235 behaviour by Volfandt @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

I'll swag a couple things together are causing your problems. 1) blown head gasket. A compression and/or leak down test will verify the innards. 2) Carb float not adjusted right. I know you said factory rebuilt carb but that doesn't always translate
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts The replacements for Firestone RH-5 by CAJUN CRAW FISH @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/46cabover/media/IMG_20141010_102929_735_1.jpg.html http://s226.photobucket.com/user/46cabover/media/IMG_20141010_102954_790.jpg.html These are the replacements for Firestone RH-5. Waiting to receive mine. I have not
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: The 235 Engine in a '53 truck by tclederman @ Yesterday at 06:55 PM

It would be interesting to see the engine serial number - in that year, the ID contained date information and information designating the vehicle it which that engine was first installed. There was no Chevrolet truck option for the high-pressure 23
Jump to new posts Re: 1949 Chevrolet 3800 by Yelostn78 @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Thanks!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->