The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!

Spring is here!

If you are bringing the old truck out of winter storage, or up from the woods, be sure to check the Tech Tip for a few helpful hints.

If you have some work to do before you go cruising, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
40 registered (2-Ton, a.d.-hawk, 69Cuda, 1953 panel, 1950firetruck, 4 invisible), 282 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,303 Registered Members
47 Forums
100,742 Topics
782,340 Posts

Most users ever online: 509 @ Thu Nov 12 2015 04:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
4onthetree, 50 chevy 3100, meansam, popeye, Will_Hammond
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society WRENCHES by Bread @ Today at 08:56 AM

I'm interested in so I'll make sure I'll get in line at Homecoming .
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts 4 Speed Cover Plate by marzach @ Today at 08:43 AM

Anyone Have A Nice 4 Speed Floor Cover Plate For A 53??
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: Convert 235 To Electronic Ignition by fonz8261 @ Today at 08:37 AM

What Electronic Ignition options are available for someone running on a 6V system? My 235 engine is from 1955. I have 5000+ miles on the 2009 engine rebuild, and it is still running like a watch. The Electronic Ignition option sure is enticing, bu
Jump to new posts Re: Tools for Homecoming? by 1953 panel @ Today at 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By John MillimanCool -- All handy! I hope to install the adapter plate for the old style water pump on my 261 so that T&D set will get used I wonder if we'll have anyone on hand who knows what to do with it, though ???
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 1950 GMC Fire Truck by 1950firetruck @ Today at 08:24 AM

My goal is to get it on the highway so I'd like to figure out if I can change the gearing in the rear or need to swap it out completely. I know the rest of the drive train needs to be addressed with a gearing change. Since I need tires and brakes f
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 1953 GM Truck Accessory Sun Visor Installed by fonz8261 @ Today at 08:21 AM

I should note that I am getting some whistling as I go down the rode. I do not know if this is normal, or if there is some adjustment that can be made to minimize or eliminate it.
Jump to new posts Re: Tools for Homecoming? by 2-Ton @ Today at 08:01 AM

Already have a nice tap and die set loaded on truck. Also die nuts, I'll explain the difference at HQ. Dial calipers and other assorted machinist tools. I hope to be loaded later today and will update the list tonight. Don
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 1950 GMC Fire Truck by 52vff @ Today at 07:56 AM

Welcome! Ive got at shop manual for the Canadian trucks, will see what I can dig up for you. Right ow you want brake info, right?
Jump to new posts Re: Tools for Homecoming? by John Milliman @ Today at 07:37 AM

Cool -- All handy! I hope to install the adapter plate for the old style water pump on my 261 so that T&D set will get used I wonder if we'll have anyone on hand who knows what to do with it, though ???
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Rear bumper brackets--'51 3600 by JohnCalogero @ Today at 07:04 AM

sold-please delete
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 1949 One-Ton Chevy Truck Hubcap by 49oneton @ Today at 07:03 AM

I'm still looking for one relatively good original hubcap for a one-ton truck (non-painted). The inside diameter edge-to-edge needs to be 9.25". Thanks! John (two-6-2three-0-9-9-nine-33)
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Rear bumper brackets--'51 3600 by JohnCalogero @ Today at 07:01 AM

Thanks Tiny!
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Starting old 235 by brokenhead @ Today at 06:55 AM

that is what I said...
Jump to new posts Re: Tools for Homecoming? by 485WINDO @ Today at 06:50 AM

I'll have a tap and die set , compression tester , and a tach & dwell meter to bring along also if needed.
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: 1955 Napco 2nd Series by Stranger @ Today at 06:06 AM

Welcome Trevor, AHHH... the '55 2nd series NAPCO with the Rockwell transfer case! You WILL have lots of fun with this truck, (and after it is on the road) more questions from admirers asking what it is!!! Believe me.......... I know..... I own one!
The DITY Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: 1959 Apache 3100 Short Stepside by JVL @ Today at 02:48 AM

Nice truck!
Daily Drivers
Jump to new posts I've nearly got my DD status back.... Woohoo! by jockbolter50 @ Today at 02:47 AM

Following my fender bender on Christmas eve i'm pleased to report my '50's nearly back on the road... Some unforseen damage to the LH side suspension slowed the progress a tad.... I had to wait on more parts and attend to a torn upper shock mount. I
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Stovebolt driving report by jockbolter50 @ Today at 02:39 AM

Looking forward to contributing to this thread on a regular basis again real soon. I'm hoping to get the jalopy fit for the blacktop (again) this week. I'll need to steal my battery back from the 'bosses' daily driver first... Hers gave up the ghost
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 2 ton shift stick slop by pvfjr @ Today at 02:39 AM

I'm glad you narrowed down the issue. So is the stick assembly otherwise solid? No cracks or worn out o-rings?
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by jockbolter50 @ Today at 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By dgrinnanCleaned up the loose rust and treated the back half of the frame (bed is off) with a rust convertor. I also replaced the shocks while I had easy access and replaced the rubber brake line at the back axel. I am so close to
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: AD doors and other parts by Biglou @ Today at 01:48 AM

Looking for a good radiator
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Starting old 235 by Biglou @ Today at 01:45 AM

Thanks Jerry! I will try tomorrow and report back
Driveline
Yes....but his knee has a birth defect and getting to the pedal was not working. His foot swells with fluid so his right foot is bigger. All in all it worked out well. Thanks to you all for the help? Steve
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 2 speed rear troubles by journeyman @ Today at 12:36 AM

So it seems the only thing I can do now is pull the pumpkin (that thing weighs as much as a small car engine!)and inspect the sun gear and carrier... Ugh. I was really hoping for an external fix!
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: AD doors and other parts by Weez @ Today at 12:20 AM

Sent you another email Keith. Not sure if you are getting my emails? Anyone else need a part I'm listing? I would trade a door for a good Chevrolet tailgate.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->