The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thank you for supporting those who support this site!

Spring is here!

If you are bringing the old truck out of winter storage, or up from the woods, be sure to check the Tech Tip for a few helpful hints.

If you have some work to do before you go cruising, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
55 registered (1size, 54CarryAll, 69Cuda, 49oneton, 66flea, 6 invisible), 331 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
38,385 Registered Members
47 Forums
101,023 Topics
785,107 Posts

Most users ever online: 509 @ Thu Nov 12 2015 04:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
Gleeser, hseber, SLOPaul, The Pen is Mightier, zebcotia
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: engine cooling fan options by 69Cuda @ Today at 04:34 PM

I would use the 3rd one with wider blades as I think it would pull more air but, I have no scientific data to back it up. I have not had the type of fan change water pump life. If the fan is out of balance, and it is on a long extension, then that co
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts engine cooling fan options by dirtball @ Today at 04:01 PM

Has anyone changed fan blade type on your engines to get better cooling? any impacts on water pump life? I have 3 fans to chose from...the first is a 4 blade fan with smallish blades (std one from LMC - car application?), the second is a 5 blade fa
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: 1954 York Hoover telephone body by Freddy518 @ Today at 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By Pete52That rear box would make a nice looking truck. Pete Agreed, .. I have a 55.1 that would be perfect for this..
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy 235 Bellhousing to Block bolts by Oldironkc @ Today at 03:17 PM

Thank You Paul, much appreciation!
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: '47 Rear Cab Supports by Brad Allen @ Today at 03:01 PM

After 68 years the bumpers and center shackle are usually missing or shot (anything in a wrecking yard as well). Unfortunately as I stated above these mounts are very difficult to find. I spend a lot of time searching for NOS parts for the AD series
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Rochester "B" carburetor question? by ApacheFiend @ Today at 02:53 PM

If I remember correctly, CarbKing once said about the Carter W-1, an advantage it has is the accelerator pump. The pump on the Carter is made of leather, so it is not prone to degrade with modern alcohol blended fuels that are almost everywhere nowad
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: Dash and interior paint by Brad Allen @ Today at 02:40 PM

A suggestion for sanding, I used the orange nylon (item# 60325/24) disks from Harbor Freight to strip the dash. The flexible disc works great on the curved surfaces and best of all you can use a drill for all of it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/adva
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for BC Bolters by BC52 @ Today at 02:12 PM

Lucas oil for example
Trucks for Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Chevy 5 window by joker @ Today at 02:04 PM

can you describe the truck, and post some pix can it be driven to Tx
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Houston Texas by EchoBravoSierra @ Today at 01:53 PM

Welcome, from Spring, TX.
Project Journals
No name yet. Working on it. A special thanks to John and Peggy M. for all the assistance with getting this story, photos and web pages together. Also thanks to all (too many names to remember) who pitched in to get the engine running. The following
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 292 distributor hold down clamp by kb2tha @ Today at 01:45 PM

Thanks. I also have a 59 Fleetside SB deluxe cab. Big back window on a 4 x 4 chassis. The 292 is in a 53 tin woodie wagon that I am working on.
Interiors
Jump to new posts Re: Dash and interior paint by EchoBravoSierra @ Today at 01:44 PM

This thread discussed some Rustoleum paint that is close.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 1954 GMC 270 Starting Problem by txturbo @ Today at 01:04 PM

a lot of people make that assumption.....and not just with batteries.New doesn't mean its good.....especially these days.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 3/4 ton wheels by truckernix @ Today at 01:00 PM

A lot of us use OEM style trailer wheels. I use the 16" ones with tubeless radials.
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts 1939 TO 1946 TRUCK REAR FENDERS WANTED by OLDSCHOOL CHEV @ Today at 12:58 PM

I am looking for rear fenders for my 1939 Chevy project Truck. No Fiberglass, steel only. 1939 to 1946 only... one or two... Please call Darrell @ 541-659-8891 any time...
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
nice truck, I would call it topflier 2 or topflier stud or Mr. Green... just dont call it Johnson..
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts 1959 3100 Various Parts- all negotiable by ChuckC @ Today at 12:51 PM

Cleaning out the shop and have the following parts for sale. ALL prices are negotiable- buyer pays shipping- shipped from Lake Charles, LA. All parts are from 1959 Chevy 3100 with 235 and 3 speed manual column shift. Rebuilt Rochester 1 barrel - $
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Flywheels and engines by Pre '68 Dave @ Today at 12:50 PM

See if this helps.
Interiors
Jump to new posts Dash and interior paint by dynasoar @ Today at 11:50 AM

My 1950 1/2 ton Chev. pickup needs refinishing the dash and top rear of the cab. I'm not looking for a showcar interior, but would like to sand and spray, specially the dash. Any suggestions as to where I can buy authentic color spray cans? The co
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
No name yet. Working on it. A special thanks to John and Peggy M. for all the assistance with getting this story, photos and web pages together. Also thanks to all (too many names to remember) who pitched in to get the engine running. The following
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 292 distributor hold down clamp by Cablesmill @ Today at 11:30 AM

I'll check for something for you.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Overdrive electrical question by rfs56trk @ Today at 11:29 AM

From an old BW service manual that I have: When operating in overdrive, the driver may require the return to direct drive without reducing the car speed below the cut-out point. If the accelerator pedal is pressed down beyond the position correspond
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Houston Texas by 69Cuda @ Today at 11:25 AM

welcome to the site!
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Correct Tail/Stoplight for 52 6400 by 69Cuda @ Today at 11:22 AM

I just went out and looked, the one left on my 55 is all milky, melted, and no good.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->