The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!

Spring is here!

If you are bringing the old truck out of winter storage, or up from the woods, be sure to check the Tech Tip for a few helpful hints.

If you have some work to do before you go cruising, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
1 registered (TGP), 498 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
39,639 Registered Members
48 Forums
105,691 Topics
826,862 Posts

Most users ever online: 940 @ Tue Apr 04 2017 09:52 PM
Today's Birthdays
AndyLewis, brianpwalker, erik the wrench, frank chaney, halvaboy, HAYWARDCHEVY510, herb19592000, lastchancetowing, samuel, Trmiles7
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: 1946 2 Ton Rear Axle Flange Bolts by EdPruss @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

If the raised surface that a tapered nut entered are destroyed, perhaps the wrong nuts were used plus someone with an impact wrench used it improperly. If the studs are not rigid, it is time to get new 9/16(the next size larger) bolts, use a careful
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Temperature spikes, water pump failure? by truckernix @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

These engines generate lots of waste heat. The more work the engine does, the more waste heat is generated and it has to be eliminated. If your system is challenged because of some problems, it will overheat as more power is applied. By the way the w
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Temperature spikes, water pump failure? by Suburban Lou @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Ok Another update Drove around, temp rose to 200+ went back home turned the truck off temperature held, waited like 15 seconds, restarted truck and immediately down to 180 and a little vibrating needle during idle Did this again and same result Thi
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Shocks seem to be short by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Hey! Ease up on Ron. Once you get closer to the end of the roll of toilet paper, its no time at all and then its gone. 16 years, why, that's merely a blink of an eye.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: turning left and right by Norcal Dave @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

I thought the pitman arm could really only go on one way? On my '50 the shaft has 3 splines that are wider than all the others, and I have to align the arm with those to get it on. If the '54 gearbox is the same as the '50 gearbox, there are no in
The DITY Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Suburban Update / MNSmith by TrknGMC @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Where did you find the cargo door bumper? Nice work.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Hello Everyone - Got my first COE yesterday by CmdrGeo @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Gorgeous truck. Good luck with it.
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: 200-4r, 3.07 rear, 350 carbed by 42465967 @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

I take you are talking about when it goes into OD which is D. Is your car a highway driver (lower rpm torque) or high performance? You can use a formula to see rpms at a certain speed. https://www.ringpinion.com/calculators/Calc_RPM.aspx 1:1 in
Truck Parts For Sale
Interested in the Hood Bird. Call Jim at 913-515-7099 TKS
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 6 lug rims for sale by Skinnedknuckles @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By TinyDo they have the hubcap clips? If so I may be interested. No clips on any of my wheels. JB
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Temperature spikes, water pump failure? by Suburban Lou @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Ok, took out the temp sending unit, water gushed out, no air So on to thinking again what's going on with the temp spikes
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: 200-4r, 3.07 rear, 350 carbed by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Yes
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Temperature spikes, water pump failure? by tclederman @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Get an original-style 1950 water pump and relocate it with this adapter. Make sure all pulley widths match. Use a 0-4 psi radiator cap.
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Temperature spikes, water pump failure? by Suburban Lou @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Thanks to all that responded Figures why I could not find a new water pump because of the protruded water pump I think I have a 59' 235 with 848 head
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 1954 gmc speedo by cletis @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

I have one for $30. Will need to be cleaned, lubed and refaced,
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Can an engine be exterinally cleaned with out removing it??? by John Milliman @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Ron, As a non-mechanic who has done this very thing (and is about to do it again, thanks to Hotrod Lincoln deadlining my engine ... ), I can vouch for the fact that it isn't a huge project to yank an engine, clean it (and the engine bay) and put it
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: GMC 248 4bbl Manifold by cletis @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

And that, folks, is the way to highjack a thread.
Driveline
Jump to new posts 200-4r, 3.07 rear, 350 carbed by cletis @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

I have a rebuilt 200-4r from a project I gave up on. I'm considering putting it in my '56. Do you think my rear end is too high geared for such an application?
The Engine Shop
When I bought my '51 chevy, the interior and exterior looked great but the engine compartment still had the original 1951 oil and grease everywhere. I took off the generator, intake and exhaust manifolds and the distributor. Scrape all the big stuf
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts 1954 gmc speedo by keithfielder @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

I am looking for a speedometer For 1954gmc pick up
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 6 lug rims for sale by keithfielder @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

I have 2 16x41/2 inch wheels for sale Also set of 4 15x6 ,both have clips for hub caps Call 313-995-2768
The Engine Shop
Yes, mask and paint with a brush
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Pic-up Poncho 1948 by WE b OLD @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

I made my own if you go to my truck picture in the gallery you can see it. This may be another option. Mine is not to secure but works well for me. I made the framework out of oak slats and had it covered at an upholstery shop. Would like a hardco
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Shocks seem to be short by Justhorsenround @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

Ron, you ok? Reviving a 16 year old thread!🛠
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by doyle1950 @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

Installed seat and floor mat. http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a512...zpsljxmf8ji.jpg
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->