The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
American Classic
Truck Parts

Fall is here!

Irwin A with a tip for engine swap

The last of the shows will soon be only digital pictures and fond memories. If you are getting your Bolt ready for some last cruises, or just thinking about putting her up for winter, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
34 registered (1953 panel, Dayv, 491ton, Goach2, 49 3100, 1 invisible), 614 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
39,523 Registered Members
48 Forums
105,708 Topics
824,562 Posts

Most users ever online: 910 @ Sat Sep 10 2016 09:53 PM
Today's Birthdays
46rick41, 4ontheFloor, johnnysurf1, raven51, seox, SycloneJoe, tri5trucking
Image Posting Policy
New Reply
Topic Options
#1182888 - Fri Sep 16 2016 08:30 AM 10 New Links Added
Peggy M Offline
Worker Bee
Loc: Stovebolt Headquarters
Just added 10 new links to the Lots O' Links section.

Some were sent in and others I found while touring thru the forums. You'll see I've got a few YouTube videos in there, too. I thought there were pretty interesting (two electrical ones and one about the wiring and cables for Clam Shell Doors).

So hope these are helpful. Check them out.

And if you see I have something subsequently listed in a wrong area, or there is a better area to put it (or in addition to), just let me know.

And if they don't apply to our trucks, PLEASE let me know. I know one site had parts for 1969 and above, which is not a lot of our years -- but still a few.

Thanks,
Peggy
#1183105 - Sun Sep 18 2016 02:42 PM Re: 10 New Links Added [Re: Peggy M]
Old 'Burb Lover Offline
Shop Shark
Loc: Calgary Alberta
Thanks for the 1952 Chevy Truck site!
For some reason I've always been "attached" to that particular year and now I have another site to ogle!

I guess its happy childhood memories that makes me "silly" about 'em.

Our old neighborhood was full of 'em and other ADs, and us kids got to ride in the backs many times on outings.

Today that would probably be a "criminal act". wink

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for those who kept their swords."
- Benjamin Franklin
#1183106 - Sun Sep 18 2016 02:44 PM Re: 10 New Links Added [Re: Peggy M]
Peggy M Offline
Worker Bee
Loc: Stovebolt Headquarters
Dave has one super impressive site. He's been on our site a lot but not registered. It looks like he is doing plenty to keep himself busy.

He has one of the best set up and documented build blogs I have seen. Although I have not seen a LOT ... but this one really impressed me and I think the AD guys could get a lot from him ... either from his site or asking him questions. He's in the UK but he's very good about answering emails.

Peg
#1184505 - Tue Sep 27 2016 06:40 PM Re: 10 New Links Added [Re: Peggy M]
wheezer geezeer Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Loc: Colorado
Howdy! Let me start by saying I check the Stovebolt daily, usually just General section. In that regard when there is an entry that don't meet your criteria its indicated by a black mark, moved. Moved to where? It would be helpful if the explanation indicated where ? I have, more than once, tried to chase one of those "moved" titles. How about letting the black mark follow the topic.
I have a 1938 running and licensed, general interest tales is what makes my day. I find some inquiries and replies educational. Been there and done that as I have salvaged this, over 50 years ago from my Father in laws junkyard and it required 3 donors, not from his yard, to make what I have.
I wonder where you are going to move this.
Thanks for letting me vent. wheezer
#1184552 - Tue Sep 27 2016 10:08 PM Re: 10 New Links Added [Re: Peggy M]
Achipmunk Offline
Loc: Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
Wheezer, when a moderator feels the post will be better served in another forum he can move it. When he does so there is an arrow put at the original post. When you click on the post and it says "this topic has been moved" just click on that phrase and it will take you to the forum it was moved to. The moderator determines if the arrow stays there one, two, three days or more. Typically I leave the arrow for 3 days. That is sufficient time for most anyone to notice the post has been moved and to where. The moderator also can send a PM to the original poster to let him know where, or why it has been moved.
I hope this helps clear this up. It is actually moved to HELP the poster and to also stay within the guidelines of the forums.
Thanks for your understanding.

...and in all honesty, the post you made above is a good candidate for the Greasy Spoon?
1950 Chevy Coupe

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderator:  Peggy M 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->