The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
American Classic
Truck Parts

Fall is here!

Irwin A with a tip for engine swap

The last of the shows will soon be only digital pictures and fond memories. If you are getting your Bolt ready for some last cruises, or just thinking about putting her up for winter, be sure to check out what parts you need from American Classic Truck Parts. They still offer a 10% discount to Stovebolters.

Stovebolt On!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
16 registered (Eureka Jim, 3B, edw, Builder, 2 invisible), 631 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
39,545 Registered Members
48 Forums
105,802 Topics
825,179 Posts

Most users ever online: 910 @ Sat Sep 10 2016 09:53 PM
Today's Birthdays
'62 GMC, horseballz, Kevin Brown, longtrail
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: PTO driveshaft machining by Jim Sears @ Today at 12:01 AM

Find your local gear and bearing supply shop. They will likely have exactly what you need in stock. Including any U-joint parts.
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Any tips on buying a '56 GMC 450 by 3B @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Hy Frozone, it sounds like you have already checked out the truck fairly well. The air brakes will make the restoration easier, check to see what wheels and tires the truck has. Heavy cast wheels (Dayton) were the factory standard but it might have a
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Great Great Grandfather's Chevy Truck by Mike B @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Reasonselz, Welcome to the Stovebolt Base on the chassis serial number you have an "early" 1930 131", 1-1/2 ton Chevrolet truck. The "late" 1930's were 157" wheel base trucks with Single or Dual wheels. The transmis
Making a Stovebolt Bed
Jump to new posts Re: Repurposing a Fire Truck by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

The bike gets about 40 MPG, but it's a little hard to balance a sleeping bag on it. Every time I roll over in my sleep, I fall off the seat! I'll probably be driving the old Aerostar van. It splits the difference at a little under 20 MPG. Jerry
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Gmc splash apron by Fox @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Here's an in progress photo of my new apron. Things are going smoothly so far; everything is lining up nicely and I hope to be done it in a few more days. I used the banged up, rusted, crooked, ugly as sin, old apron as a template and took off the mo
Panels 'N Burbs
Jump to new posts Re: fuel sending unit by bartamos @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

GM should have used the same one for all trucks. Panels and suburbans are different. Maybe you don't know any aftermarket 60-66 vendors yet. Here is a sender that may be the one.
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Ridge Swap Meet is April 23 by BC52 @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

lets hope so. We'll have to do lunch again
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: 49 Chevy panel truck rear upper cardboard panels by tclederman @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Do you think the 1949 panel had the same roof liner as a 1958 panel?
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: Elusive 4.10 gears by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Has anybody taken a close look at the rear end for the big V8 Toyota pickup? I saw one sitting in a dealer service department awhile back while I was doing a warranty inspection, and it looks almost like a clone of an HO-52. It's not uncommon for J
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: New bolt by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Phil, welcome to the Stovebolt and congrats on your stable of vehicles......but you will love the Stovebolt!! Be sure to check out the Big Bolt Forum for the bigger trucks and be sure to check out the links, tech tips, and the gallery pictures. Tons
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 59 235 water pump questions by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

The single port pump rebuildable cores have probably mostly been worn out, rebuilt, worn out again, and trashed for quite some time, while spares for the heavy duty pumps have survived. Remember that it's been over 50 years since any of these engine
Welcome Centre
Jump to new posts Re: A new guy by Achipmunk @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Frozone, welcome to the Stovebolt. Glad to have you aboard. See you around the garage forums.
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Frame rail and chassis paint by ASU @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

I found a product call Hud Brite premium paintable rubberized undercoating. It sprays on in a flat black color, does a good job protecting, and hoses off fairly clean and easy. I have never been a big fan of painted frames, they always seem to rust o
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Rebuilding Engine by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

The rod journals are already 30 thousandths undersize, and a few are also worn out of round. You need to replace the crankshaft, and probably the rods. There's a "standard" diameter crank on Ebay right now that would probably regrind to .
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Modify air breather to use paper air filter by Forty9 @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Appearance the same as Andy's except I used the original cover. The paper filter simply replaces the washable oil filter element. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel tank shut off valve by Forty9 @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Thanks for the tip!
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: starter trouble by Hotrod Lincoln @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

There's another option, although it might take a little creative wiring. It's possible to set up a "series/parallel" electrical system, using two 6V batteries, that cranks with 12 volts and recharges the batteries and runs the other access
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: starter motor by crowejam @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Justin, I have a 6 volt foot stomp. It works. I'm replacing it because it is not correct for the flywheel on the 40 chevy I bought. Turns out that the 6 volt starter on my truck is not compatible with the flywheel on my engine (1957 235). I have no i
The Electrical Bay
Please stay on topic. Thank You.
The Old Dominion Stovebolt Society (MD, VA, WV & DC)
Jump to new posts Re: Homecoming 2017 -- Headcount/RSVP by John Milliman @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

The Chrome Pated One is certainly no stranger to Homecoming and his presence would be a rare honor and a State Occasion indeed!
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: TH400 shifting problems. by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

I did some searching on the Wild Wild World of Web and everyone is wondering about the odd arrangement for attaching the filter on a TH400. I agree that don't have a fluid pickup issue. So I'm digging in tomorrow to yank her out. I will need to cut
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts 1 ton panel by wylie @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

any one here knows where I can get a fuel sending unit for my 64 chevy C30 panel, it is not like a burb, most of them are 3/4 or 1/2 ton, any help.
Interiors
Jump to new posts Heater paint by Jhyp @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

I know this has been a much discussed topic as I have searched the threads on stove bolt and not found any help. The hammered paint color on my 1950 3100 is a blue gray. Does anyone have a source for this color? I checked Rustoleum, Krylon and Ha
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Lower grill panel by windyville1 @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

duh….. Sorry. I'm terrible at that. 1950 3100
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: 58 3800 rear spring hangers by dmacTN @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

Found a 1 1/2-2 ton on .bay, not the same as a 1 ton, taller with extra holes, for a 55-59. If add is correct. identical in all other ways. 1.5 to 2 ton spring hanger
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->