The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they
can do
for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online
25 registered (Chev4t6, 58limited, ESum, Greg_H, carbking, Grigg), 418 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
39,736 Registered Members
48 Forums
106,170 Topics
830,386 Posts

Most users ever online: 940 @ Tue Apr 04 2017 09:52 PM
Today's Birthdays
Gleeser, hseber, SLOPaul, The Pen is Mightier, zebcotia
Image Posting Policy
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Big Bolts
Jump to new posts Re: Odometer is jammed on a 59 2 ton chevy by tclederman @ 2 minutes 31 seconds ago

Classic Parts (Classic Parts of America) still offers a long-standing discount, but it is now 5% (code: stovebolt).
General Truck Talk
" . . . Cost vs safety vs originality vs how am I gonna use it a 60+ yr old truck vs my risk aversion ...... Another one of those fun decisions , which is a reason why I bought it and will make it my truck . . . " Cosmo is my long-distan
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Engine stalls at idle when warm by carbking @ 26 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By OldironkcWhat is behind the engineering of the using the camshaft lobe as a means to drive the fuel pump? The mechanical fuel pump is driven by the camshaft lobe because the engineers wished volume, and to some extent pressur
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: disc brakes on 51 3100 by shade tree @ 39 minutes 25 seconds ago

thanks for the info ill ck them out
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Stone chip by WE b OLD @ 47 minutes 42 seconds ago

It is a 2006 Chevy Silverado color called light sand metallic, later called mocha. Reading the suggestions reminded me that i could put the wrap picture i had thought about before. My license plate says Oryx. I could have a shadow wrap of the head or
The Electrical Bay
Jump to new posts Re: LED taillights by DaveV @ Today at 07:04 AM

Follow-up on the LEDs. I finally installed the LED units on my 49 and was able to keep the original flasher. It actually works better than before. It now has a nice distinct flash as opposed to a rapid flash that it had before. Much brighter and safe
The Engine Shop
Jump to new posts Re: '58 235 Air Filter Conversion by raleigh58 @ Today at 07:01 AM

tomctomc, Thanks. I had no problem understanding his reference to Columbus. It was the part about the '54 hood that through me. That had nothing to do with my oil bath air filter question.
Trucks Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: w/tb 55-59 chevy/gmc carryall/panel trk "ROOF" by Cablesmill @ Today at 03:29 AM

PM sent
Truck Parts For Sale
I am closing down my shop, no,that does mean I am going to give this stuff away. I am only selling engines that are already out of vehicles. I will NOT be pulling anymore motors at this point, Not enough time. I have 2 216 engines and lots of parts,
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 47-55 Suburban barn door check links by ranchojuan @ Today at 02:44 AM

I have a pair on my 53 parts suburban. if interested you can text me at 717 395 3119.
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: New 9ft bed progress!! by Howies551Ton @ Today at 12:23 AM

Howdy Fox We will only take the 55 to the Wetaskiwin show, But next year will be the turn for the 62. Work safe. Howie
Tons 'o Fun
Jump to new posts Re: Start up by Howies551Ton @ Today at 12:14 AM

I thought I could hear engine purring and a shout of joy! See you in June. Howie
Trucks for Sale
Lots of interest, but no buyer yet.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Radiator cover assembly by Rich'sToys @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Here's another place.
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? by doyle1950 @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

After 4 years of repair rebuild and cleanup I started the old girl up today. I put 10 gallons of gas in the tank and after cranking with no plugs and checking the compression in all cyls all at (90 to 95 not to bad for being cold I'll check again wit
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: How tight for a brass nipple? by bartamos @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Way too much worry. There is low pressure. Just tighten tight, it's an interference fit. Put a brass nipple into the tank, then put on the valve and let it sit over night with a pan under it to leak test all those joints. No leak? Continue. Leak? det
Driveline
Jump to new posts Re: 3.55 Ring and Pinion install help by ArtA @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Showkey, thanks for the offer on the shims. I called Chevs of the 40s and told them that shims should be in the R&P install kit and they were kind enough to send shims to me in the mail.
The HiPo Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 1947-1955 Wheels Tires and Drop by ndkid275 @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

I used Sid at dropped axles. Like Dave stated, ensure you have it all planned out and calculate your scrub line more than once. I screwed it up and went lower then I should have. Chris
'60-'66 Trucks
Jump to new posts Re: 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks question by bartamos @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Aspen is about 20 min from me. I have purchased parts from him. Seems fair and honest.
Truck Parts For Sale
I bought a pair and while I have not had a chance to try them out yet, at first glance, they are a newt looking piece.
Truck Parts For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Selling Abs door panels by wolffcub @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

The shipping method will actually include a tracking number thru Canada post.
The BC Bolters
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Parris by Super55 @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Hello Britco, I was following Alvin's posts on the Greasy Spoon. http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1215467/2.html Hasn't been any posts lately though. Paul
Truck Parts Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Fasteners for radiator cover by DJMTruck @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Thanks a lot, Brian. I'm on it!
General Truck Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Art Deco body on AD frame? by 52Carl @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

The '54 frame is very different in the back half than the 47-53 due to the change in bed design. This would add more challenges to that transplant.
Paint and Body Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Fitting '40 Chev hood and hood ornament by DennisM @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Thanks Dusty. I'll give that a try. It flopped around with the old broken hinge but now with new paint.... Dennis
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
#-->