| Around the 'Bolt...
Search the 'Bolt - over 100,000 pages of info. Start here if you're hunting!
More than 35,300 registered
from around the world talking old trucks, some hard core restoration help, tall tales and exciting moments (with videos!).
Gallery Over 3,070 old truck stories with photos from Stovebolters worldwide! More in our DITY Gallery. Year at a Glance - all the new Gallery entries from 2014.
Helpful tips on truck restoration, identification, preservation; project stories and Stovebolt histories.
More than 967 useful sites for
information, parts, services, other sites, tools, insurance and a "publications library."
Find out who's doing what, where and when! See who else is in your neighborhood with an old truck. Read some great stories and enjoy all the pictures.
FREE Classified ads for trucks, parts, truck citings, eBay / Craigslist, Hauling Board, Stovebolt Spotting Alert, Freebies! and other good stuff.
Nothing new under the sun ... got some good Frequently Asked Questions here, and will probably have more!
Sagas, Feature Stories, The "Roadkill" Commentaries, The old "It
Ran When I Parked It" Photo Contests, Poster Contest, and some stuff we've
done here and there and don't know where else to put it!
'Bolter wear, calendars, bling and other goodies!
About Us, Contacting Us, Stovebolt Supporters,
and other pertinent administrivia.
Return to the home page
to our Virtual Garage for pre-1973 GM trucks -- If you're restoring, preserving or just driving an ole "Stovebolt," our "e-zine" has information we hope you'll find useful for living with your old truck -- from links to parts vendors (the best list
of Stovebolt-related links on the 'Net!), a Gallery of old trucks to
a virtual Swap Meet where you can find (or sell) those elusive parts
to complete your restoration projects. We even have a discussion forum where
you can ask questions, post ideas and even hang out with some old rusty
We have a lot of things here but the best one is knowledge and we share
it for free (no membership dues or pay-to-view).
So pull up a virtual running board, cop a squat and check the Gallery for lots of old truck stories. If you have some questions about the old GM truck project you are working on, try our FAQ, Tech Tips or jump right into The Forums, where the Stovebolt Brain Trust resides.
We've got everything in here from 1/2-tons to 3-tons, COE's, Panels and 'Burbs, Firetrucks, Tow trucks -- Lots of trucks in all shapes, sizes and stages of restoration and enjoyment.
Join us and make us stronger
Because none of us are as smart as all of us!
- Wheels Now, Inc. - 100+ year old company, just launched a new website for old, obsolete, uncommon or custom wheels, rims and parts. Been getting some Stovebolt traffic and would be happy to answer questions about old style or custom wheels that have been obsoleted by Accuride and others.
- Delco Remy FREE booklet: "Better Ignition" ... read the link that is from a forum post on the details on how to get it.
- Tachman - Tachometer and other instruments and clusters - repair / restoration for classic vehicles
- Harwood Motors - Selling collector and antique vehicles -- welcome to stop by and shop (in Ohio)
- Truckers Edge - "Largest internet load board" ... help move your truck, or fill up your trailer
- Key Men - Keys for classic Chevrolets; OEM blanks, Briggs & Stratton type and huge supply of aftermarket blanks for all years of GM products up through 1990
Want to see lots more relevant links?
How about 973 for starters?
2015 Calendars coming soon
We'll have details before October is over.
1951 Chevy 3804 1-Ton Pickup Truck
Kyra and Grandpa (who learned to drive in this actual truck when he was 10 years old) are ready for a cruise
Read more about Jerry Mathiowetz's great old truck
We've been on a bit of a one-ton kick here! We had a great response to the photo of the three one-tons from the Kansas City Reunion last month. From the enthusiasm In the Tons O' Fun forum, we got some new Gallery stories and we are planning a Tons O' Fun calendar for 2015.
Enjoy the stories we have so far for October.
New in the Gallery for October